Site Reliability Engineer
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Interactive /
The Site Reliability Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity, functionality, and reliability of the applications and platforms operated by Life.Church.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Interactive Team leverages technology to reach people worldwide, connecting them to our ministry and each other through our website, apps, and all Life.Church locations. Our apps serve our attenders by connecting them with our church and helping facilitate their growth as a fully devoted follower of Christ. It doesn't get much better than that!
The Site Reliability Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity, functionality, and reliability of the applications and platforms operated by Life.Church. This role will develop software, perform regular maintenance, and partner with senior-level engineers to handle escalated issues. The Site Reliability Engineer is also responsible for researching industry best practices and stewarding resources for the team.
What You'll Do:
- Support Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Operations and Initiatives.
- Develop and maintain software to support network operations and ensure seamless deployments.
- Determine solutions that meet business needs while defining short and long‐term goals.
- Limit system downtime by defining and enforcing standards for incident responses.
- Perform regular maintenance and monitoring of organizational infrastructure systems.
- Effectively respond to escalated site reliability issues any time of the day while on‐call.
- Collaborate with Senior Site Reliability Engineers to respond to escalated issues.
- Conduct regular research on best practices and new technology for implementation.
- Define and enforce process documentation procedures and hand‐off guidelines.
- Monitor costs for both infrastructure and development for site reliability.
Skills Needed to Succeed:
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster partnerships.
- Maintain a systematic and organized approach to completing assignments accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
- Clearly explain complicated and detailed processes in a concise and simple way.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work independently.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of work‐related experience.
Benefits We Offer:
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Compressive wellness and mental health benefits that allows staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401k retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.