YouVersion – YouVersion Marketing /
The YouVersion Marketing Strategist is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining highly integrated and effective generosity campaigns for the YouVersion Community.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
What You'll Do
- Lead generosity marketing executions through strategic planning and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Develop strategic campaigns that support YouVersion’s generosity efforts.
- Leverage YouVersion channels such as email, app push notifications and banners, Bible.com, and social media to move individuals to action.
- Steward the brand position of assigned product(s) and maintain a pulse on the competitive landscape.
- Effectively present ideas with vision and direction.
- Craft strategies for YouVersion communication channels with accuracy and excellence, especially in creativity, content, timing, and segmentation.
- Review data to inform strategy related to audience segmentation and communication strategies
- Closely collaborate with the YouVersion Generosity Team to develop strategies in alignment with overall objectives.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and constantly evaluate how YouVersion can leverage existing and emerging technology and platforms to advance engagement.
- Lead and coach team members as assigned.
- Develop actionable insights based on data and communicate this information clearly through verbal, written, and visual channels.
- Collaborate with copywriters, graphic designers, product managers, videographers, and stakeholders on how to best implement learnings from previous efforts to inform upcoming strategies.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the organization’s communication stack to maximize features and capabilities.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Storing writing, editing, and proofing skills.
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to manage conflict and differing opinions while maintaining composure.
- Effective at process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.