Finance – Legal & Safety Awareness /
The Transactional Attorney will lead the transactional-based legal efforts that make it possible for Life.Church to carry out its mission throughout the world. This role is primarily responsible for contract execution for the organization. This role will review and analyze submitted contracts and will draft new contracts as necessary. The Director of Legal Transactions will also shepherd the legal aspects of real estate transactions. This role will manage intellectual property rights and compliance and contribute to the analysis of data privacy matters impacting our organization internationally.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
What You’ll Do
- Lead contracts analysis and execution.
- Work with the Contracts Coordinator to review and analyze all organizational contracts.
- Provide support for direct reports through coaching, setting expectations, and regular 1-to-1 meetings.
- Review and analyze submitted contracts for potential points of liability, indemnity obligations, and other key business terms.
- Identify key legal risks and compliance with contracts, including regulatory and data privacy laws.
- Draft contracts where one is not already provided.
- Provide analysis of significant contracts to leadership and obtain approval.
- Utilize the contract management system to review workflow and approval contract terms.
- Oversee legal aspects of real estate transactions and corporate governance.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to negotiate, coordinate, and execute real estate and business acquisitions and sales.
- Support the corporate governance aspects of Life.Church, including organizational documents, structuring, business licensing, and registration.
- Partner on legal compliance efforts for global and local data privacy laws and regulations.
- Inform and advise on the Global Data Protection Regulations(GDPR) and its requirements, as well as other national and international data privacy laws.
- Partner with organizational leaders to bring awareness to legal data privacy requirements, helping incorporate data privacy solutions into new projects, products, and initiatives.
- Manage intellectual property strategies for the Church.
- Manage all aspects of Life.Church intellectual property strategies, including applications, renewals, and infringement actions.
- Coordinate with teams creating new intellectual property to ensure intellectual property rights are being preserved and maintained.
- Provide risk and liability assessments.
- Advise on questions regarding legal exposure and risk for various ministry activities and initiatives.
- Partner with a variety of teams on finding creative solutions to allow for new ministry initiatives.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and problem-solve with innovation.
- Effective at multi-tasking and time management to meet strict deadlines while remaining flexible and open to change.
- Excellent verbal, written, and oral communication skills to clearly explain complicated processes and foster partnerships.
- Effective at the process and organizational management to coordinate, structure, and provide vision to projects.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- 2-5 years related experience preferred.
- Juris Doctor degree with a license in good standing to practice law.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability is covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.