Site Reliability Engineer
Digerati – Technology
The Site Reliability Engineer will help grow our suite of free software applications for pastors and church leaders, improve current systems, and ensure infrastructure stability.
Software. It’s the modern building block of businesses, apps, services, investments, innovations, and bottom lines. But did you know software can change eternity? Did you know your skills and experience can actually give churches the tools they need to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ?
The Open Network Team builds and supports a suite of free software applications for nearly 600,000 pastors and church leaders around the world so they can focus on people instead of technology. The team maintains a busy Open Network infrastructure that handles 4,000 requests per second at peak and serves more than one million people every week through products like open.life.church and the Church Online Platform.
We’re adding a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to our in-house software engineering group to help us grow rapidly and release new features for the benefit of the global Church. Do you have skills to see the big picture? Can you organize technical chaos and ensure infrastructure stability? Are you passionate about helping churches around the world reach more people? Then come step into your calling on the Life.Church Open Network Team.
- Experienced at setting up and managing projects using at least three of the following: Kubernetes (GKE), Service Meshes (Istio), Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Linux, Redis, CI/CD Pipelines, High-Availability design, Service Discovery, and Prometheus
- Able to work fast and reliably under pressure
- A strong critical thinker who identifies problems before they happen
- Driven to improve current systems and implement new solutions with a fast-paced, mission-driven team
- Apply software engineering principles to fix operational problems
- Be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, security best-practices, change/configuration management, monitoring, emergency response, disaster recovery, capacity planning, and tooling/automation of our infrastructure and deployment workflows
You'll thrive here if you:
- Have a strong desire to serve Christ and build the global Church
- Are detail-oriented and excel at spotting patterns and solving problems
- Understand risk management and have the situational awareness to know when it’s best to follow momentum and move fast or slow down to make meticulous plans
The cherry on top:
- You’re a proponent of open-source technologies and love contributing to the communities that help us succeed through our Open Digerati Initiative
- You think hiding Star Wars quotes in code is not only fun, but necessary
This position is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK. Relocation assistance is considered. #ZR #CB