Life.Church Online Host Team Pastor
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – Life.Church Online /
The Life.Church Online Host Team Pastor is primarily responsible for serving as the global Host Team volunteers leader.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
Life.Church Online is the digital expression of Life.Church that includes live services, social media, an international volunteer team, and more! We see people attend church from all over the planet with virtually every culture, life stage, and background. Life.Church Online is a place anyone can attend, and everyone is welcome.
The Life.Church Online Host Team Pastor is responsible for recruiting, onboarding, training, and developing Host Team volunteers, ensuring they move forward in the volunteer leadership pipeline accordingly. The Host Team at Life.Church Online provides ministry support for the Chat Button, email response, and online services. The Life.Church Online Host Team Pastor will support Host Team projects and team-wide initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Recruit, onboard, and support Life.Church Online Host Team volunteers.
- Develop and maintain training resources to equip Host Team volunteers.
- Provide clear and consistent communication to volunteer teams to ensure alignment with team goals and overall mission.
- Lead volunteer development, moving volunteers forward in the leadership pipeline accordingly.
- Maintain up-to-date records for volunteers on the Host Team.
- Conduct volunteer appreciation events to invest in the volunteer teams.
- Review and help manage the volunteer appreciation budget.
- Develop recruitment initiatives and strategies to increase the number of volunteers and reduce attrition.
- Provide support for the technical emergency hotline.
- Provide technical support for Life.Church Online attenders as needed.
- Collaborate with the Church Online Platform team to develop and ensure successful rollouts for new platform features.
- Provide pastoral care for Life.Church Online Host Team volunteers and attenders.
- Review metrics on the reach of Life.Church Online services.
- Support team-wide initiatives and projects.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Ability to resolve conflicts, make independent decisions, and maintain composure during stressful situations.
- Strong cross-cultural leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Maintain flexibility and initiate processes and projects while exemplifying a high level of customer service.
- Effective at multi-tasking, time management, and following up on delegated tasks.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to clearly explain complicated messages.
- Strong understanding of God’s Word, biblical truths, and a demonstrated passion for leading people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
- Pastoral and/or technical experience preferred.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.