IT Network Engineer
Edmond, OK /
Digital Technology – IT /
The Network Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring the integrity and functionality of the network at Life.Church.
At Life.Church, we exist to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. It’s been our mission since 1996 and has guided us every day. Leading people isn’t just an expectation; it’s a necessity. It’s a cornerstone of our culture. That's why we’re always seeking leaders—leaders like you—to bring your skills to life. We are one church meeting in multiple locations, and we want to help you become the person God made you to be.
The Technology Solutions Team equips the Life.Church staff with the resources and technology that allow the team to know people, tell their stories, and invite others to use their gifts to build the church. We work to empower ministry through the use of technology.
The Network Engineer will perform regular maintenance and security updates and manage incoming service requests. The Network Engineer will also be responsible for staying updated on new types of hardware or other configurations that could be beneficial to the organization.
What You'll Do
- Perform regular network maintenance through scheduled maintenance windows.
- Manage incoming network incidents by responding or delegating through an on-call rotation.
- Respond to escalated tickets with a focus on a positive customer experience.
- Develop and support various automation scripts using Python.
- Develop and maintain strong documentation for team processes and network diagrams.
- Research and discover new hardware, topologies, and configurations to plan for the future.
- Support the management of cloud networks, ensuring proper security practices are in place.
- Monitor security advisories to better understand new potential threats to network security.
- Maintain a regular security update schedule for all network devices.
- Lead a team of volunteers by delegating basic network implementation tasks and monitoring completion.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Maintain a systematic and organized approach to completing assignments accurately, thoroughly, and timely.
- Clearly explain complicated and detailed processes in a concise and simple way.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work independently.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.