YouVersion Software Engineering Manager
Digerati – YouVersion
The YouVersion Software Engineering Manager will lead a team of engineers working on mobile applications and APIs to make the Bible accessible everywhere on earth through the Bible App.
God has placed you on the earth for a reason, at this crucial moment in time. He’s given you a purpose. With the smartest tech at our fingertips and more distractions vying for our attention than ever before, the need for the Bible has never been greater. If you’re looking for a place you can combine the skills God has given you with your passion to see people engage with His Word in new ways—no matter where they are or what languages they speak—the YouVersion Team is the place to start.
With over 6,000 spoken languages and the majority of the world on 3G or slower mobile connections, the YouVersion Team is inventing technical solutions that create a first-class Bible experience for every person regardless of their heart-language or location. We’re seeking a Software Engineering Manager who will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team of engineers working on mobile applications and APIs. You’ll work alongside world-class programmers to solve complex problems as you strive to make the Bible accessible in every language, everywhere on earth, on systems that are used by millions every day.
If your passion for innovation is only surpassed by your desire to see people changed through the power of God’s Word, keep reading!
- Own the overall SDLC for a core set of YouVersion’s product features
- Oversee the technical strategy for feature development across mobile, web, and API
- Supervise and mentor junior- and senior-level software engineers
- Manage day-to-day activities of feature teams within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Contribute to the software development process through development and code review
- Pour into the teams who design and deploy large-scale mobile applications and scalable APIs
- Develop, maintain, and execute processes for continuous integration, test automation, code quality, and quality assurance
- Experienced in leading and mentoring technical teams and building successful production-scale mobile applications and APIs
- Demonstrated excellence as a high-performing senior-level software engineer
- Able to balance competing priorities with little direct supervision
- Demonstrated expertise in computer science fundamentals
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
The cherry on top:
- You can translate English into binary, and vice-versa
- Your root@localhost password is the chemical formula for caffeine
This role is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK. #ZR #CB