YouVersion iOS Software Engineer
Edmond, OK /
YouVersion – YouVersion Product & Engineering /
The YouVersion iOS Software Engineer will collaborate with an agile, Christ-centered team to prototype new app and feature ideas and design and implement new features.
God’s Word is alive. It moves in our hearts, speaks to our souls, and changes us every single day. And as our culture shifts, the ways we engage with God’s Word and each other are evolving, too. YouVersion is building new ways for everyday people to experience the uncommon message of the Gospel through technology. We believe wholeheartedly in the life-giving power of His Word, and we want to work alongside people like you—dreamers, innovators, and sold-out Christ-followers—to create new avenues for people to deepen their intimacy with God.
The YouVersion Team is seeking a forward-thinking Software Engineer to join our small, collaborative team. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end development of our iOS applications and sharing our passion for new technology, research, and innovation. If you’re looking to dedicate your life to drive development of multiple mobile apps that have the potential to change millions of lives around the world, keep reading!
- Passionate about the global effect of Bible engagement
- Energized by learning new methodologies and systems
- Willing to do whatever it takes to help your team be successful
- Comfortable with ambiguity, shifting deadlines, and the iterative design process
- Able to drive a project from a simple idea to the finished product
- An experienced mentor with a desire to lead
- A strong time manager and have the organizational skills to drive projects to completion
You will be:
- Quickly prototyping new app and feature ideas that make effective use of new platforms and technologies at the forefront of mobile tech
- Designing and implementing new features and creating human interfaces
- Collaborating with team members representing product, design, web development, and product marketing
- 3+ years of experience in iOS development and/or software development
- Expertise in Git, MacOS, iOS application development, Cocoa, and Objective-C/Swift
- Deep understanding of interactive application development patterns
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience building unit tests and running continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD)
- Skills in client/server architecture and integrated mobile applications, REST
- Passion for the end-to-end user experience
The cherry on top:
- You want to be part of a team that cares about you, your personal growth, and professional development
- You’ve published one or more applications in the iOS App Store
- You can translate English into Binary
This role is located at the Life.Church Central Offices in Edmond, OK.