YouVersion – YouVersion Product /
The Product Designer focuses on delivering well-executed design concepts and solutions to key stakeholders while creating more opportunities for people to find intimacy with God.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The Product Designer uses research and intuition to help explain highly complex matters in a clear, understandable manner and ensure the smooth delivery of concepts to the next stage of the design process.
What You'll Do
- Seek and review feedback from users and empathize with their experience.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to better understand and drive direction.
- Understand the problems we are trying to solve.
- Review, monitor, and continuously work towards achieving preset goals.
- Collaborate with product managers, product designers, and engineers to brainstorm ideas that align with our mission and goals.
- Rapidly generate multiple solutions in the form of wireframes, user flows, or prototypes that are clear and understandable.
- Create high-fidelity design comps, assets, and documentation.
- Present new design concepts to stakeholders and implement necessary feedback.
- Test prototypes with users and analyze the results.
- Produce designs consistent with our brand’s design system considering the uniqueness and constraints of each platform (iOS, Android, Web, tablets, voice platforms, etc.)
- Communicate and document a design's myriad of states, scenarios, and edge cases.
- Participate in the development process by modifying designs as needed, answering questions from engineers, testing beta software, and submitting bug reports.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to foster relationships and partnerships.
- Ability to self-motivate, make independent decisions, and find innovative solutions.
- Maintain flexibility and initiate the creation of new processes and project strategies.
- Ability to manage conflict and differing opinions while maintaining composure.
- Strong leadership skills and understanding of developing and guiding others.
- Ability to take a great vision and turn it into reality through strategic execution.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction/visual design, or equivalent.
- Portfolio of outstanding work.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Please include a portfolio or a link to your past work when submitting your application.
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.