iOS Software Engineer
YouVersion – YouVersion Engineering /
The iOS Software Engineer is primarily responsible for developing software for each platform they support and will review and approve code created by junior or mid-level engineers.
YouVersion was created by the local church in 2007 and remains a ministry of Life.Church today. At Life.Church, our mission is to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ. Our team is committed to reaching people worldwide through innovative technology. And YouVersion is one of the ways we get to do that. Life.Church is a multi-site Christian church meeting in the United States and globally at Life.Church Online.
We wholeheartedly believe a daily rhythm of seeking intimacy with God has the power to transform lives. That’s why YouVersion creates biblically-based experiences that encourage and challenge people to seek God. We hope everyone in our community is on an active journey to become who God made them to be, abiding in Him, and drawing closer every day.
The iOS Software Engineer will partner with the other engineers to offer guidance on best practices, ensure development, and ensure that the team has the same technical strategy.
What You'll Do
- Develop organizational software for using the appropriate tools and techniques for each platform in the span of care.
- Review and test existing code-base or technical integrations for various projects.
- Provide support to other YouVersion engineers by reviewing, testing, and approving code/software development.
- Collaborate with various teams and team members to determine the technical approach and to organize development plans.
- Evaluate the complexity of tasks and provide realistic estimates of effort and completion time.
- Partner with junior and mid-level engineers to offer training and guidance on best practices.
- Help ensure that other engineers are moving in the same technical direction.
- Maintain strategic outlook to plan for future development of processes.
- Provide technical support on escalated software issues.
- Research industry best practices and new technologies or tools.
Skills Needed to Succeed
- Expert in Swift programming.
- Swift UI experience.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Maintain a systematic and organized approach to accurately, thoroughly, and timely completing assignments.
- Clearly explain complicated and detailed processes concisely.
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, make independent decisions, and solve problems.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work independently.
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations.
- Own technical design for projects and understand and articulate the tradeoffs in creating high-quality software.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
- 3+ years of related work experience.
Benefits We Offer
- Paid parental leave, including maternity, paternity, and adoption leave.
- Generous employer-paid leave for the use of vacation, sick time, and other qualifying reasons.
- Innovative and comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance that provides team members with useful resources and savings to navigate their holistic health.
- Life insurance policy provided for all staff members at 2x annual salary at no cost. Additional life insurance coverage is available to purchase.
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability covered at 100% for full-time qualified staff members.
- Comprehensive wellness and mental health benefits allow staff to proactively invest in their physical and emotional health.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plan allowing a team member to have up to 12.5% (including employee contribution, employer match, and employer discretionary contribution) contributed into their account in their first year. It doesn’t stop there—the more years on staff, the greater the investment!
- $160 annually in development dollars for team members to invest in their professional growth.
- Casual dress and work environment.
- Flexible work schedule.
- And much more!
Please include a portfolio or a link to your past work in development/engineering when submitting your application. (optional)
Our Beliefs, Culture, and Commitment to Diversity
At Life.Church, every staff member, and intern is a minister and is expected to engage in the church's ministry fully. We consider ministry readiness and an individual’s capacity to represent Life.Church’s beliefs as a minister during the selection process for all staff and intern positions. An essential function within every position held by a staff member or intern at Life.Church is to uphold and represent the beliefs of Life.Church. Learn more about what we believe at Life.Church.
While we unite around our mission, we know unity doesn’t mean uniformity. Our calling is too great, and our mission is too important not to be intentional about strengthening our team through diversity. We know that diverse perspectives in race, ethnicity, background, age, and gender are essential to reaching the world for Christ. To learn more about how we strengthen our team through diversity, visit our careers page.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only.