Distributed Vision Systems Engineer
Lighthouse is an AI software and hardware company that is bringing the technology of the self-driving car into the home. With the combination of 3D sensors and deep learning, we've created a new kind of interactive assistant - you tell Lighthouse what you care about, and it tells you when those things happen.
We are rapidly expanding and are looking for a distributed vision systems engineer. You'll be responsible for the design and implementation of software systems that deploy machine learning research to produce delightful customer experiences. (Computer vision background not required.)
Part of what we love about Lighthouse is that it is a continually growing and learning product - we'll be adding more and more capabilities over time. This is an intense job, but there will be no shortage of interesting and impactful projects.
- Expert level C++ and good/advanced in 1+ other languages (ideally including Java)
- Command line fluency
- Significant experience working on Linux servers
- Experience engineering production-grade distributed or multi-tier systems
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong API design skills
- Experience with Java
- Experience with H264 or other video encoding algorithms
- General familiarity with deep learning or computer vision