Lead Test Engineer
Redwood City, CA /
Engineering – Camera Systems Group /
Light is a team of creative technologists on a mission to redefine how automobiles perceive the environment using 3D passive optics. We are a venture-backed, pre-launch startup headquartered in Redwood City, CA. Become a key member of our team as we radically enable automobiles to see better than humans.
Light’s Lead Test Engineer will be responsible for handling the validation of sensing data collected by Light's Clarity multi-camera depth perception platform, as well as benchmark against data collected by ancillary sensors such as GPS and lidar. In this role, you will lead the validation of accuracy and temporal consistency of depth data captured and be able to quickly:
- evaluate incoming data
- communicate key strengths/weaknesses found in the data to company stakeholders
- track the progress of addressing action items stemming from the data analysis
- ensure that such evaluations are added to the standard testing suite for ongoing benchmarking
Leveraging direct personal knowledge of areas such as Computational Imaging, Computer Vision, and depth sensing for Automotive and non-Automotive industries, the Lead Test Engineer will play a major part in helping to continue and increase the high quality of output of Light's Clarity depth perception platform.
- Work closely with Computer Vision teams on iterative improvements to Light Clarity depth perception platform
- Establish quality metrics and targets jointly with Engineering and Product teams
- Building automating testing frameworks around data ingestion and side-by-side analysis of different depth sensing modalities (stereo cameras, lidar, radar)
- Build tools for visual and statistical analysis representation
- Participate in and contribute to design and code reviews
- Be the voice of the customer in ensuring the high quality results are maintained in various shooting conditions and use cases
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field such as Mathematics and Statistics, preferably with focus on data analytics.
- 3+ years of experience in evaluating and tuning Computer Vision algorithms and systems
- 3+ years of experience in QA automation
- Excellent analytics, problem-solving and debugging skills
We offer a challenging work environment where you can have an impact. This is your opportunity to become a recognized expert in state-of-the-art vision technology for the automotive market.
* To protect the interests of all parties, Light will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Light, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Light mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Light employees, or to Light’s resume database will be considered Light property. Light will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Light will consider any candidate for whom an agency, search firm, or the like that has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by such an entity free of any charges or fees.