Redwood City, CA /
Engineering – Camera Systems Group /
Light is a team of creative technologists on a mission to redefine how automobiles perceive the environment using 3D passive optics. We are a venture-backed, pre-launch startup headquartered in Redwood City, CA. Become a key member of our team as we radically enable automobiles to see better than humans.
The Depth Data team at Light is providing data exploration and analysis for the Computer Vision and Product Management organizations. We analyze data needed to provide actionable insights, draw conclusions from the data and support data driven decision making at Light. We are hiring an experienced Data Analyst for a high visibility role that will provide the opportunity to learn about, interact with and add significant value to every part of our company supporting our goal of building a class-leading depth perception solution.
As a Data Analyst you will be responsible for handling the validation of sensing data collected by Light's Clarity multi-camera depth perception platform, as well as benchmark against data collected by ancillary sensors such as GPS and lidar. In this role, you will lead the validation of accuracy and temporal consistency of depth data captured and be able to quickly:
- evaluate incoming data
- communicate key strengths/weaknesses found in the data to company stakeholders
- track the progress of addressing action items stemming from the data analysis
- ensure that such evaluations are added to the standard testing suite for ongoing benchmarking
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define data analysis and data set requirements for Light’s Clarity depth perception platform
- Establish quality metrics and targets jointly with Engineering and Product teams
- Deliver meaningful reports and data visualizations
- Apply statistical methods to support high-quality and meaningful data analyses
- Engineer robust and extensible data pipelines
- Recommend improvements for data quality and process efficiency
- Own initiatives from inception to implementation
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field
- Significant data analysis experience (5+ years)
- High proficiency with analyzing data with Python
- Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with customers and other teams
- Excellent analytics, problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
We offer a challenging work environment where you can have an impact. This is your opportunity to become a recognized expert in state-of-the-art vision technology for the automotive market.
* To protect the interests of all parties, Light will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Light, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Light mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Light employees, or to Light’s resume database will be considered Light property. Light will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Light will consider any candidate for whom an agency, search firm, or the like that has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by such an entity free of any charges or fees.