Tier 2 Technician - Night Shift
Austin, Texas /
LightEdge Solutions is developing the IT solutions that will propel businesses forward over the next 10 years. Using a combination of shared and private/dedicated platforms, LightEdge has been successful in offering businesses alternatives that streamline operations, improve reliability and reduce costs.
If you are passionate about creating real solutions that help businesses with cutting-edge technology, want to be challenged to think out of the box and be in a position where you can impact change on a daily basis, then LightEdge can offer you a dynamic corporate environment built on teamwork and personal responsibility.
LightEdge’s Tier II Support Technicians are responsible for assisting customers that require a broad range technical support across their environments, including hardware, network, storage, operating system, and application support. Tier II Support Technicians also serve as a resource and escalation point for the Tier I team. The ideal candidate is motivated, innovative, and excited to learn new technologies. This position reports to the Support Supervisor and works closely with all departments. This position is Night Shift (9pm-9am CST).
- Engage with customers on the phone, in person, and through the customer portal to resolve issues.
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot, resolve, and report alerts to customers and internal staff
- Install hardware upgrades into existing equipment
- Support complex customer environments utilizing a variety of platforms and technologies
- Perform network, operating system, san storage, backup, firewall, dns, hardware, server, and virtual machine support and management tasks
- Manage physical security of the data center by authentication of guests and visitors
- Accurately and professionally document all communication with customers
- Expand and maintain technical knowledge needed to support rapidly changing technical needs of customers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in technical on-call rotation
Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience in a technical support role with focus on system administration or networking
- Intermediate knowledge of or 2 years experience supporting / administering:
- Windows and/or Linux server Operating Systems
- Virtualization technologies (VMware or HyperV)
- Server hardware
- LAN/WAN Networks
- Firewalls (Windows, Linux, Cisco ASA, Fortigate)
- Apache or IIS
- MySQL or MSSQL
- IPSEC/SSL VPN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize
- Possess the ability to comprehend and execute documented escalation procedures
With over 20 years in business, LightEdge offers a full stack of best-in-class IT services delivering flexibility, security, and control. Our solutions include premier colocation across seven purpose-built data centers spanning Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, Omaha, NE, Austin, TX, and Raleigh, NC, industry-leading private Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and cloud platforms, and the top global security and compliance measures. Our owned and operated facilities, integrated DR solutions, and premium compliant cloud choices make up a true Hybrid Cloud Solution Center. LightEdge annually undergoes third-party audits for ISO 20000-1, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS 3.2, and SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3.