Head of Operations
Lightform is building hardware & software for projected AR, which can seamlessly mix real objects with projected light. It's augmented reality without the headset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Head of Operations you will own the strategy, implementation, and team for all back-office functions including financial operations, legal, recruiting, HR, and administrative support. You will report directly to the CEO, and will work cross-functionally with marketing, engineering, and product teams, rapidly developing operational procedures across the company. This is a full-time role in our San Francisco office, and includes stock options, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
Our mission is to enable magical experiences with hidden technology. We’re combining years of experience in computer vision, augmented reality, and hardware design to create design tools for projected AR. Our customers create magical projected experiences at theme parks, hotels, retail stores, restaurants, museums, theatrical productions, weddings, corporate events, and more. Join the growing team that previously innovated at Disney Imagineering, Bot & Dolly, Microsoft Research and DAQRI.
- Lead: manage an existing team of operational personnel, and scale the team over time.
- Financials: manage the day to day financial operations including accounts payable/receivable, collaborate with our part-time CFO on budgets & forecasting, organize reports to investors.
- Back-end systems: own the implementation & integration of back-end systems across functional areas, e.g. CRM, ERP, PLM, ATS, e-commerce.
- Recruiting: identify top recruiting channels, organize recruiting events, coordinate job postings & interviews, maintain our ATS, manage retained & contingency recruiters.
- HR: oversee pay/equity offers & benchmarking, own the onboarding/offboarding process, oversee team events & incentive programs.
- Legal: assist in the execution of legal contracts with vendors, customers, and applications for trademarks & patents, work with the hardware team to ensure compliance in >40 countries.
- Admin: Oversee the admin staff in day-to-day running of multiple offices, coordinate travel and visitors, maintain stocks of office supplies, organize construction & maintenance projects.
- Special projects: work with the CEO and department heads on strategy & implementation.
- 5+ years experience in an operations or a business generalist role; experience with financial operations and budgeting is a strong requirement.
- Hands on leader: You know how to inspire & lead a team, but also how to roll up your sleeves and get the work done.
- Project Management: Proven track record of managing projects and producing work in both digital and physical realms.
- Process-Oriented: You have a drive for solving problems, building efficient processes, infrastructure and tools to scale a team.
- Detail Oriented: You execute flawlessly on any task, big or small.
- Organized: You are someone who enjoys working hard to make sure details are taken care of smoothly and in an organized manner.
- Adaptable: You have the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Autonomous: You thrive in an environment where you own the direction of your work, and feel a strong sense of accountability.
- Communicative: Excellent oral/written communication, analytical and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels within the organization.
- Masters degree (MBA)
- Experience with hardware operations
- Experience with operations for advanced technology (vision, graphics, robotics, etc.)