Senior UI/UX Designer
Lightform is building hardware & software for projected AR, which can seamlessly mix real objects with projected light. It's augmented reality without the headset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lightform is looking for an experienced UI\UX designer to help launch new generations of projected AR products. This role will be critical in defining new features and new products. You will report directly to the CEO (product owner), and will work closely together on researching, designing, launching, and iterating new features. You will collaborate with the engineering team to define advanced product features and with the entire team across marketing, creative, sales, and support to incorporate user feedback. This is a full time role in our San Francisco office.
Our mission is to enable magical experiences with hidden technology. We’re combining years of experience in computer vision, augmented reality, and hardware design to create design tools for projected AR. Our team previously invented Microsoft’s IllumiRoom, Bot & Dolly’s Box, DAQRI’s AR HMD and Disney’s AIREAL.
Over the last two years our team has grown from 5 to 25 Lightformers, and now we are looking for the teammates who will propel both the company and its products to new heights. We seek highly motivated individuals capable of scaling companies and contributing to challenging problems on the ever evolving frontier of augmented reality.
- Own the end to end process of launching key new features — including: researching, sketching, designing, launching, measuring, & iterating to solve customer needs.
- Create wire-frames, clickable prototypes, high fidelity UI mock ups. Maintain the overall design language and library.
- Work closely with the engineering team to define detailed feature requirements, including those using advanced computer vision and computer graphics, and ensure the features work as intended.
- Be in touch with our users and their needs. Look through support tickets, user forums, have regular calls with customers, and perform user studies to gain a better better understanding of our customers' relationship with our product.
- Become an expert on projected AR, using Lightform and competitive solutions regularly in real-world deployments. Collaborate with creative & marketing on real-world case studies.
- Synthesize feedback gathered from support and sales into the roadmap.
- BS in a design field, CS/HCI, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Figma or equivalent software.
- Have an understanding of various content creation workflows, and a passion for design tools
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently in the fast pace environment of a startup.
- Be passionate about people and understanding how people of various backgrounds interact with and use technology.
- Be comfortable talking about technology, computers, graphics, APIs, creative coding and always curious to learn more.
- Be definitive in your product vision while being collaborative with every member of the team.
- Bonus points:
- Experience with animating (e.g. After Effects)
- Experience with 3D modeling
- Basic understanding of Git and Terminal
- Prior experience with creative coding or projection mapping
- Flexible work schedule
- Get exposure to the operations of a fast growing tech startup
- Equity, medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Be creative and make awesome experiences with Lightform, plus all the latest AR/VR gadgets
- Sunlit office in the SoMa district of San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog friendly office