Embedded Software Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lightform is looking for an experienced embedded engineer to help launch new generations of projected AR hardware products. This role will be critical in creating and testing the software running on Lightform's next-gen products. Fluency in C++ and Python will be necessary for this role, and knowledge of both low-level linux kernel and Android are required. This is a full time role in our San Francisco office, reporting to the Engineering Team Lead.
Our mission is to enable magical experiences with hidden technology. We’re combining years of experience in computer vision, augmented reality, and hardware design to create design tools for projected AR.
Over the last two years our team has grown from 5 to 25 Lightformers, and now we are looking for the teammates who will propel both the company and its products to new heights. We seek highly motivated individuals capable of scaling companies and contributing to challenging problems on the ever evolving frontier of augmented reality.
- Fluent in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with modern C++ (STL, c++11 and newer)
- Experience building native code for Android (NDK / full AOSP)
- Experience Modifying Device Tree specification files
- Experience writing or Modifying Linux Device Drivers
- Experience modifying Linux OS or Android OS build systems
- Experience writing Test software in Linux or Android for hardware interfaces
- Knowledge of Linux/Arm boot process
- BS or higher in CS/CE/EE or a related engineering discipline
- Get exposure to the operations of a fast growing tech startup
- Equity, medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Be creative and make awesome experiences with Lightform, plus all the latest AR/VR gadgets
- Sunlit office in the SoMa district of San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog friendly office