Software Engineer (Embedded Applications)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lightform is looking for an experienced embedded software engineer to help launch new generations of projected AR hardware products. This role will be critical in developing the end applications and middleware running on future Lightform hardware products. Fluency in C++ and Python will be necessary for this role, and a familiarity with Linux and Android will also be helpful.
This is a full time role in our San Francisco office, reporting to the Engineering Team Lead.
Our mission is to enable magical experiences with hidden technology. We’re combining years of experience in computer vision, augmented reality, and hardware design to create design tools for projected AR.
Over the last two years our team has grown from 5 to 25 Lightformers, and now we are looking for the teammates who will propel both the company and its products to new heights. We seek highly motivated individuals capable of scaling companies and contributing to challenging problems on the ever evolving frontier of augmented reality.
- Work as part of the embedded team on the next generation of Lightform hardware devices
- Develop both application-level and middleware code, primarily in C/C++, for the custom Lightform OS running on these devices
- Write technical documents, including architecture diagrams and API descriptions
- Fluent in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with modern C++ (STL, c++11 and newer)
- BS or higher in CS/CE/EE or a related engineering discipline
- Experience using and building with Yocto/Bitbake
- Experience building native code for Android (NDK / full AOSP)
- Experience with modern web service technologies
- Experience with video encoding / decoding
- Experience with embedded graphics (GLES, Vulkan)
- Experience with computer vision
- Get exposure to the operations of a fast growing tech startup
- Equity, medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Be creative and make awesome experiences with Lightform, plus all the latest AR/VR gadgets
- Sunlit office in the SoMa district of San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog friendly office