UI Engineer (Desktop Applications)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lightform is looking for an experienced UI engineer to join our growing team and help expand the capabilities of Lightform's desktop software, including Lightform Creator. This role will be pivotal in driving the front end development across Lightform's desktop software applications. You will be a part of the desktop engineering team, and also work closely with the product and support teams to build new features and refine existing UI/UX.
This is a full time role in our San Francisco office, reporting to the Engineering Team Lead.
Our mission is to enable magical experiences with hidden technology. We’re combining years of experience in computer vision, augmented reality, and hardware design to create design tools for projected AR.
Over the last two years our team has grown from 5 to 25 Lightformers, and we are now looking for the teammates who will propel both the company and its products to new heights. We seek highly motivated individuals capable of scaling companies and contributing to challenging problems on the ever evolving frontier of augmented reality.
- Work with our desktop engineering team, and lead the development of the frontend of Lightform’s desktop applications using Qt/QML
- When necessary, help implement and debug backend code (C++)
- Work closely with our product designers to help guide and understand UI/UX requirements
- Fluent in modern C++ (c++11, 14, 17)
- At least 1 year of experience working with QtQuick/QML or comparable cross-platform UI frameworks
- Experience productizing, testing and shipping desktop applications
- Experience with agile methodologies for software development
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar
- Strong communication skills
- Get exposure to the operations of a fast growing tech startup
- Equity, medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Be creative and make awesome experiences with Lightform, plus all the latest AR/VR gadgets
- Sunlit office in the SoMa district of San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation
- Flexible work schedule
- Dog friendly office