Director of Marketing
Lightform is building hardware & software for projected AR, which can seamlessly mix real objects with projected light. It's augmented reality without the headset.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Director of Marketing, you will lead the marketing efforts of Lightform's new interactive projection products. You will be in charge of Lightform's marketing strategy across all channels (website, social media, newsletters, tradeshows, paid acquisition, press, and retail). You will lead and scale a growing team of content & digital marketers. You will identify & track the metrics that matter for acquisition and conversion across channels. You will use the product, talk to customers, and become an expert in the future of projected computing. You will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with Lightformers across product, creative, and customer success. You need to have proven experience in running a marketing team and marketing campaigns. This is a full-time role in our San Francisco office.
Our mission is to enable magical experiences with hidden technology. We’re combining years of experience in computer vision, augmented reality, and hardware design to create design tools for projected AR. Our team previously invented Microsoft’s IllumiRoom, Bot & Dolly’s Box, DAQRI’s AR HMD and Disney’s AIREAL. Over the last two years our team has grown from 5 to 25 Lightformers, and now we are looking for the teammates who will propel both the company and its products to new heights.
- Content marketing - manage an editorial calendar for inbound content, gathering contributions across internal & external contributors.
- Social media - Develop social media strategy and manage execution
- Press - work with the product and creative teams to identify compelling stories around product launches and partnerships with artists/designers and large brands.
- Events - manage events, trade shows, and speaking opportunities
- Digital & growth marketing - create strategies, test variations, and track the performance of different marketing tactics to help drive adoption of Notion initiatives
- Analysis - identify the metrics that matter, ensure accurate & timely tracking/reporting, and use this data to forecast quarterly sales for inventory management
- Scale a team - you will manage a team of content & digital marketers, and be in charge of scaling the team.
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing, with 3+ years leading a marketing team
- Experience launching B2C and/or SMB B2B products
- Experience with digital marketing tools (web CMS, CRM) and complex analytics tracking & marketing automation.
- Understand what level of process and tool is needed now, and in the future as the team scales.
- Seamless ability to internalize and enhance the company voice.
- Meticulous attention to visual and written detail, always communicating as professional & polished.
- Definitive yet collaborative approach to teamwork, clearly owning your role while constantly synthesizing feedback from others
- Be intrinsically motivated and able to work independently but collaboratively in the fast-paced environment of a startup.
- Master's degree in marketing or an MBA
- Experience with enterprise B2B go-to-market & customer acquisition
- Prior experience with creative technology, projection mapping, or virtual/augmented reality
- Flexible work schedule
- Get exposure to the operations of a fast growing tech startup
- Equity, medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Be creative and make awesome experiences with Lightform, plus all the latest AR/VR gadgets
- Sunlit office in the SoMa district of San Francisco
- Unlimited vacation
- Dog friendly office