Intern - Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
Lightship Internship Program
What can you do to help your application:
- Include your resume
- Include your updated LinkedIn profile
- Send in a quick cover letter explaining your interest and available dates
- Internship applications accepted through February 1, 2023
- Interviews will take place through March 1, 2023
- Offers and decisions will be made by March 17, 2023
- Assist with all stages of the software development process. This includes working with senior engineers to define software requirements and develop embedded code.
- Set up and run engineering tests, including software bench testing, sub-system testing, and system level validation.
- Help with troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Pursuing BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Rising Senior or greater, graduating pending 2024
- Experience in embedded systems software development
- Experience with digital communication, CAN experience a plus
- Experience coding in C/C++
- Basic knowledge of strongly-typed languages such as Java or C#
- General understanding of microprocessors and associated peripherals
- Ability to read schematics and component data sheets preferred
- Basic understanding of electric power systems preferred
- You enjoy developing software and solving problems
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.