Boulder, CO /
Controls Engineering /
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
Lightship’s mission to modernize and electrify RVs demands that we build a modern vehicle complete with electronics. As an Electrical Engineer, you are comfortable designing, building, and testing low voltage electronics.. You are scrappy and eager to be hands-on in a program’s early stages as well as willing to evolve as the program moves into production. You will work closely with the senior members of the team to help create an exceptional vehicle that redefines RVing.
- Support electrical system design
- Create board requirements from high level product requirement
- Electrical component analysis and selection
- Design control and interface circuitry for vehicle
- Design and/or support design of PCBs
- Bench test completed PCBAs and electrical subsystems
- Work closely with software team to verify functionality
- Develop and execute a test suite to ensure performance and reliability
- Support integration testing via data analysis, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Support supplier management and requirements definition
- Collaborate with other teams to optimize system design
- Participate in circuit design and system engineering reviews
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- BS or above in electrical engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience as an electrical design engineer or graduate degree in a relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of electrical schematics and control circuitry
- Proven experience in microprocessor design and associated I/O
- General understanding of communication hardware interfaces such as CAN and I2C,
- Basic experience doing circuit simulation
- Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout tools such as Altium
- General understanding of electric power systems preferred
- General understanding of automotive standards for PCBAs preferred
- You are self-directed and are motivated to design the best system possible
- You are comfortable with uncertainty
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.