Senior Engineer - Vehicle Attributes Integration
Boulder, CO /
Vehicle Engineering /
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
We are taking a fresh approach to recreational vehicle design, starting from zero and asking fundamental questions about how a travel trailer should be built in the modern electric age. We will count on you and your team to apply creative thinking alongside engineering rigor and industry best practices towards the creation of an efficient, safe, manufacturable vehicle designed to stand the test of time. Generations of Lightship users will thank you for your work!
- Develop and maintain vehicle level attributes, appropriate metrics and targets based on customer facing product requirements.
- Collate the attributes and targets into a ‘Vehicle Technical Specification’ (VTS) document.
- Develop, maintain and execute a vehicle level test plan to assess the vehicle prototype and pre-production units relative to the VTS.
- Collaborate with Vehicle System teams to cascade vehicle level targets to subsystems and components.
- Incorporate learnings from component and subsystem level testing into the VTS and track readiness for vehicle level testing.
- Maintain and distribute an attribute status dashboard and escalate significant departures from target when necessary.
- Coordinate with Vehicle System teams to identify mitigations to address departures from attribute targets.
- Provide recommendations to support vehicle level engineering decisions based on VTS target balancing
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- BS engineering or similar (MS preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience managing vehicle attributes in a lower volume production environment.
- Prior experience in development and testing at a complete vehicle level. .
- You are curious, fundamentals-oriented, and you question founding assumptions
- Collaborative mindset, dedication to excellence and thoroughness, clear communication style
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.