Global Supply Manager
Boulder, CO /
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Global Supply Manager to join a small team responsible for leading all aspects of supply chain management for several critical commodity groups as we work to bring our first product to market. Depending on your background and interests there is some flexibility on the commodity focus areas. This is an incredibly exciting and foundational time for Lightship and you will be integral to helping us launch our first product – an all-electric, beautifully designed, and seamlessly-integrated travel trailer built for the electric age – to the world.
The Global Supply Manager will act as the primary contact and manage all company business with their suppliers and will be the key internal interface with our Engineering, Program Management, Finance, Manufacturing, Product and Design teams. The GSM will develop a deep understanding of their components and the supplier alternatives who are able to supply those components taking into account engineering and design requirements, operational considerations and landed cost.
- Work to identify supplier alternatives with the right capabilities and qualifications to work with an early-stage company and scale up as we grow
- Manage a supplier selection process by collecting the necessary internal data to communicate RFQs to potential supplier partners, review and analyze those supplier's offerings and capabilities and communicate effectively to internal stakeholders to provide recommendations on sourcing direction
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management on prototype builds to ensure raw material and component supply
- Drive contractual negotiations with suppliers on Development and Production Supply Agreements
- Create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy
- Monitor market conditions, technology roadmaps and identify supply/demand challenges & opportunities for your components
- Some travel required to visit suppliers during supplier selection process and to perform periodic business and program reviews (10-15%)
- Pitch in on operational projects related to setting up our supply base including but not limited to purchasing, logistics, quality and material planning (everyone wears many hats on our small team)
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or other related field
- 5+ years in supply chain or procurement in a hardware environment
- Demonstrated experience making data-driven decisions with incomplete information
- Experience with a subset of commodity areas (examples include composites, glazing, metal, interior materials and textiles, low voltage and high voltage electronics, lighting)
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Google Sheets, Smartsheet, or similar analytical tools
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Excellent team building skills in dealing with suppliers, peers, and other functional teams
- Strong technical writing ability and an ability to explain complex issues in a concise and plain manner
- Willingness to travel
Employee Benefits & Philosophy
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.