Boulder, CO /
Software & Controls /
Lightship is the first American all-electric recreational vehicle manufacturer currently developing an aerodynamic, battery-powered trailer for the electric age. As the macro transition to an all-electric transportation ecosystem accelerates, Lightship is bringing the increased convenience and superior performance that electrification offers to a pastime enjoyed by over 11 million American families.
Honoring Diverse Perspectives
Lightship is committed to hiring and developing top talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe representing and supporting diverse groups is key to the success of our team members, customers, shareholders and the achievement of our mission and vision. We operate in a collaborative environment with a flat organizational structure and expect a high degree of integrity, autonomy and creativity from all members of the team.
About the Role
Lightship’s mission to modernize and electrify RVs demands that we build a high competency in cutting edge electronics and controls. As a Systems Engineer, you are comfortable working cross-functionally to create engineering requirements and optimized designs. You are resourceful and willing to be hands-on in a program’s early stages as well as willing to evolve as the program moves into production. You will collaborate across Product, Design, Engineering, and beyond to make shrewd architectural decisions that hasten our path to market with an exceptional vehicle that redefines RVing.
- Electrical system design
- Translate product requirements into engineering specifications
- Track specifications and monitor progress
- Build models to inform engineering trade-offs
- Analyze data to inform design decisions and improvements
- Perform make vs. buy analysis
- Manage and document FMEAs
- Create system diagrams and schematics
- Support supplier management and requirements definition
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to optimize system design
- Understand interdependencies between vehicle, power system, and controls
- Participate in engineering reviews
Prior Experience & Professional Qualities
- BS or above in electrical engineering or similar
- Minimum 5 years experience as an electrical engineer or systems engineer
- Basic knowledge of electrical schematics and control circuitry
- Basic understanding of Python
- Modeling using Matlab/Simulink
- Good understanding of electric power systems
- Good understanding of electrical safety
- General understanding of mechatronic systems
- General understanding of automotive standards preferred
- General understanding of automotive safety preferred
- You are self-directed and are motivated to design the best system possible
- You are comfortable with uncertainty
$112,000 - $149,000 a year
Full time employees are compensated with both a salary and equity. Range listed above is salary only.
Employee Benefits & Philosophy - Applies to Full Time
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (full time only)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off that we actually want you to use! 3-4 weeks is common at Lightship.
-12 weeks paid parental leave
- $2,000 per year towards an RV trip of your own, we call this a LightTrip (full time only)
Lightship offers all of its employees and their dependents full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance and covers 100% of the insurance premium. We are on a mission to create a more healthful all-electric experience for a pastime that millions of families enjoy and believe strongly that our team should not have to worry about quality healthcare for themselves or their loved ones along the way.
Most roles at Lightship require onsite work from our offices Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, though some roles may require all days in office. Speak to the hiring manager to learn more.