Lilt builds intelligent software to automate language translation. Our mission is to realize universal information access so that all people, irrespective of their native language, can learn and grow. The product is based on NLP and HCI research at Stanford and UC Berkeley.
Lilt is based in San Francisco with a growing office in Munich. We’re backed by Sequoia, Redpoint, Zetta, and XSeed Capital. Lilt serves the Fortune 500 and fast-growing, innovative global organizations across a wide variety of industries.
Our team values humility, grit, and professional excellence.
About the Job
As Design Lead, you'll take full ownership of Lilt's look and feel. From the color palette of our website to the interaction design within our product, we believe it's all part of the same user experience. You'll work closely with both our marketing and engineering teams to bring a delightful interactive experience to our community and customers.
An important note: Design is a first-order, C-level priority at Lilt. Our CEO has formal HCI training, and places a high value on interaction design and usability. We're told that design is seen as "nice-to-have" at many companies. That's not the case here. You'll have an enormous impact across our entire business as we work to achieve our mission.
If you’re a great fit for this role, you’re probably described as…
- Technical: We highly value someone who can design-in-code and work directly with our front-end engineers
- Opinionated: You’ve got strong opinions on your favorite font, always have something to say about a color palette, and can immediately spot design inconsistencies from across a room
- Hungry: You’re chomping at the bit for a huge opportunity to design an on-brand product and visual experience
- Collaborative: You love explaining design concepts to laypersons, and helping them to bring their ideas to life…and looking better than they’d ever expected
- Thoughtful: You view design as a never-ending process, and are always thinking about ways to improve
- Empathetic: “What would our customer think?” is the first thing that crosses your mind whenever you consider a visual or UX change. You’re always looking to better understand those who will interact with your design, so you can make their experience even better.
- A portfolio of professional and personal work that’s publicly available, showcasing work that you've designed and coded yourself.
- Adobe Creative Suite proficiency is a major plus
- 2-5 years worth of experience delighting B2B customers with amazing visual and interactive experiences
- You’re excited to build this brand with us!
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and federal holidays
- A Health Savings Account (HSA) and a Simple IRA ($12,000 contribution limit)