Junior Localization Engineer
Sales – Solutions /
Who we are
Lilt is the leading AI solution for enterprise translations. Our stack made up of our Contextual AI Engine, Connector APIs, and Human Adaptive Feedback enable global organizations to adopt a true AI translation strategy, focusing on business outcomes instead of outputs. With Lilt, innovative, category-defining organizations like Intel, ASICS, WalkMe, and Canva are using AI technology to deliver multilingual, digital customer experiences at scale.
Our founders, Spence and John met at Google working on Google Translate. As researchers at Stanford and Berkeley, they both worked on language technology to make information accessible to everyone. They were amazed to learn that Google Translate wasn’t used for enterprise products and services inside the company and left to start a new company to address this need – Lilt.
At its core, Lilt has always been a machine learning company since its incorporation on March 6, 2015. At the time, machine translation didn’t meet the quality standard for enterprise translations, so Lilt assembled a cutting-edge research team tasked with closing that gap. While meeting customer demand for translation services, Lilt has prioritized investments in Large Language Models, believing that this foundation was imperative to the future of enterprise translation.
As a result, Lilt’s AI technology foundation is similar to ChatGPT and Google Translate, before our patented Contextual AI Engine, connector-first approach, and human-adapted feedback.
Our team is located in San Francisco, Indianapolis, DC, Boston, Berlin, and London.
What you’ll do
We're looking for a Junior Localization Engineer who loves solving hard problems, managing complex projects, and interacting with a variety of stakeholders. This position is for someone who has strong technical aptitude, is comfortable with customer-facing interactions and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
As a Localization Engineer, you'll be tasked with supporting our Production teams with technology-enabled workflow and integration tools used to produce our overall deliverables.
- Assisting with project tasks such as creating and executing pre- and post-processing file filters when needed.
- Deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot system integrations Supporting the Solutions team with operational delivery work as needed.
- Write scripts for pre-processing segments and QA rules using regex.
- Providing feedback and suggestions for process improvements.
- Identify technical optimizations to workflow/solution.
- Develop and iterate on internal processes to ensure consistency across our solutions engagements.
- Work closely with Engineering, Product, and Account Management teams to ensure smooth prospect-to-customer transitions and long-term customer success.
Skills & Experience
- At least 2+ years of experience in a technical post-sales role at a language services company.
- Experience working as a full-time localization engineer at any point in your career.
- Experience with scripting languages and regular expressions
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions.
- Experience working with a complex services-oriented solution.
- A passion for technical and solution-based problem-solving.
- Analytical approach to intelligence gathering, and project planning.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact easily with end users and customer system administrators.
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Deeply curious -- this person is not afraid to ask hard questions.
- Strong desire to learn in a rapidly growing and dynamic startup environment.
- Self-motivated and inspired by a results-driven environment.
For US Locations: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Lilt is an equal-opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.