Clinical UX Researcher
Science – Clinical UX /
About Limbix: Limbix Health, Inc. is a distributed team building smartphone-based prescription digital therapeutics (PDTs) for adolescent mental health. Our goal is to give all young people access to affordable, effective behavioral health care by giving providers immediate, safe, and evidenced based treatment options they can prescribe to their patients. We value positive, motivated, authentic, and solution oriented individuals who want to join us on this mission.
About the Role: We are hiring a Full Time Clinical UX Researcher with human subjects research experience to generate, disseminate, and evangelize our users’ insights. You’ll learn from our users and educate the product team and wider company on the what, how, and why's within our users’ experiences. We're focused on listening to our users and having their needs factor into our decision making. Our goal is to always solve problems for real teens and young adults, their caregivers, and providers.
The Clinical UX Researcher will be a key member of the Limbix Science team, generating insights, validating prototypes and user flows, facilitating co-design sessions, and informing our product decisions by working directly with our stakeholders, including teens and young adults, their parents/caregivers, and providers. The Clinical User Experience Researcher will report to the Chief Science Officer, with a dotted line to our lead Clinical UX Researcher. This role will play a key cross functional role in bridging clinical research and product development by working closely with other members of the functional product team (product designers, content strategists, product managers, and other creatives) and members of the Science and Research teams, including internal subject matter experts in adolescent mental health, and our clinical research manager and administrator.
About the Team: We strive to execute our work with empathy and excellence, both individually and as a team. We acknowledge and appreciate the complexities of each other’s roles and responsibilities. We appreciate our diversity, and deeply value how the different cultures of our colleagues and teams vastly improve the quality of our work. Non-traditional backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply!
Who you are: You are excited to work in a fast paced startup and eager to help Limbix’s partners across doctors, patients and other areas of healthcare. You’re detail oriented, care deeply about helping others, and are highly analytical. You have extensive first hand experience owning end-to-end UX research, which includes everything from recruitment and scheduling to conducting interviews, co-design sessions, focus groups, and presenting findings. You have a high EQ as you will play a key role in representing the voice of our patient users throughout the company.
What you'll get to do:
- Living our Values
- Conduct and help lead UX research projects across the entire product lifecycle from discovery to testing hypotheses and validating new product features. You'll collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and bring them into your processes to strengthen their understanding of our users’ problem space.
- Follow IRB-regulated UX research protocols, as applicable, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements (e.g., human subjects research and Good Clinical Practice), including reporting adverse events or protocol deviations.
- Manage screening, recruitment, informed consent, and scheduling of UX study sessions with teens and young adults, parents/caregivers, providers, and other relevant users for user research sessions.
- Actively take part in shaping and influencing our product strategy by becoming the voice of our users, disseminating insights throughout the company creatively and effectively.
- You’ll partner closely with small, multi-disciplinary teams including product designers, content strategists, product managers, and other stakeholders to prioritize research objectives and craft protocols to generate concrete, data-driven results that empower creatives to design for many different solutions.
- Clearly present research findings to cross-functional stakeholders.
- Contribute to the vision of UXR at Limbix by helping to define best practices and iteratively refine UXR processes.
- Work closely with science and research team members to prepare, submit, and amend research protocols for Institutional Review Board (IRB) review in compliance with applicable regulations, as needed.
- College degree and 2 years of relevant human subjects research experience, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Knowledge of IRB guidelines and regulations and experience following an IRB-regulated research protocol.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Advanced knowledge of mixed-methods UX research, such as interviews, usability testing, cognitive walkthroughs, focus groups, co-design sessions, surveys, benchmarking, A/B testing, card sorting, log-analysis, etc, and an understanding of when and how to apply different methods during the product development process.
- Must have a research portfolio or case studies outlining prior UX research experience.
- At least 1-2 years of UX research experience, including participant recruitment, conducting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative UX research methods (e.g., interviews, usability tests, cognitive walkthroughs, surveys, benchmarking, etc.), and presenting findings to diverse stakeholders.
- Mobile app experience
- Experience working with teens and young adults
- Experience working in gaming, education, mental health or digital health
- Experience with FDA-regulated human factors research
- Bonus if fluent in Spanish
- Confident working with R, Python, SQL, or equivalent data analysis tools.
- Experience with FDA-regulated clinical research
- Experience with clinical research in mental health
Total Compensation Package:
Salary: Competitive Base, Meaningful Equity
Premiere Standard Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision (75% covered for both individual and family), Health FSA, HSA, Commuter, LTD, AD&D
Cool Fringe Benefits: Monthly Gym Stipend
Family Friendly: Liberal Maternity/Paternity Time Off to be used consecutively or intermittently, Generous earning schedule for Annual PTO, Culture Calendar inclusive of days off in Celebration, Commemoration, or Observation, 14 Paid Company Holidays, Company Shut Down December 23rd - December 31st!!
Financial Planning: 401(k)
Limbix is an equal opportunity employer.