Operation Specialist - Part Time Day Shift
San Francisco, CA /
Operations – Field Support & Mechanic /
Part-time - Hourly
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are looking for Operations Specialists to join our team. In this role, you will help deploy and retrieve our fleet of shared electric vehicles. You will support partnerships with cities, battery management operations, and much more. This is an exciting role where you will wear many ‘helmets’ to support the Lime team.
This is a part time Day shift position working between 16 - 24 hours a week and will cover one weekend day. Options for weekend days are either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
What You'll Do
- Safely operate a van for approximately 8 hours a day to assist with the deployment and retrieval of Lime electric vehicles within the local market
- Review and address incoming city requests regarding Lime vehicles as outlined by Lime established service level agreements
- Maintain communication with the OS team including peers, shift lead, and manager
- Review and report any vehicle repair and maintenance needs
- Monitor Lime events to ensure cleanliness and safe usage of our vehicles
- Safely operate a pallet jack and/or push cart on a frequent basis
- Support battery management operations when applicable
- Rotate scooters and support in warehouse flow
- Help to diagnose, check in and check out incoming scooters from the field
- Additional job related tasks as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid driver license with a good driving record
- Some experience in similar position(s) highly preferred
- Ability to lift up to 65lbs on a frequent basis required
- Ability to operate a mobile device including having knowledge of in app-based workflows. iOS experience preferred
- Ability to work various shifts including evenings and weekends
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and/or push card on a frequent basis
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Good knowledge of the local geography preferred
- Experience with driving large vans preferred
- Willingness to learn, a great attitude and ability to work well with others - teamwork is key to success!
The hourly rate for this position is $21.00. Benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive hourly rate
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.