Senior Manager, Government Relations
Montréal, QC / Toronto, ON
Policy and Communications – Government Relations /
Full-time - Salary /
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are hiring a Senior Manager, Government Relations for Eastern Canada, to join Lime’s global policy and communications team. In this role, you will assist the Canada team by helping advance policies that promote micro-mobility; preserve, expand, and develop new micro-mobility programs in cities throughout Eastern Canada; grow our fleet size across multiple vehicle types; and ensure that we are developing meaningful, trusting relationships with key micro-mobility stakeholders across Canada.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in building partnerships with with community and government stakeholders, and communicating the values of our service to regulators, the media and other key constituencies. You will also be comfortable working in an environment with evolving goals and have an aptitude to overcome obstacles as they arise and ambition to get things done.
The successful candidate must be bilingual and speak both English and French and requires you to be located in Quebec or Ontario.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with government leaders, businesses, non-profits, community organizations, the media and other prospective partners to effectively carry out the government relations strategy.
- In partnership with regional leadership, evaluate, prioritize, and implement strategic paths toward maintaining and growing the current fleet of Lime vehicles in priority Canadian markets.
- Collaborate with regional operations, campaigns, and policy leadership teams to develop and put into place a long-term government relations strategy that is aligned with company priorities and delivers on key metrics for regions of Canada.
- Collaborate with the comms and marketing teams on educational and safety initiatives, advertising and marketing campaigns, and local media activities.
- Participate in media interviews and speak at government and community forums and public events.
- Analyze and inform regional leadership and company HQ on local regulatory or legislative matters. Anticipate potential issues that may impact operations within Canadian markets and work with internal teams to quickly problem-solve.
- Work with cross-functional colleagues to create models and best practices for: stakeholder engagement, developing work plans and delivering on goals, and overall team operational efficiency
- Manage teams of consultants in multiple markets as needed, including establishing metrics for success and accountability.
- Fluency in both French and English and ability to comfortably speak in public are required.
- At least five (5) years related experience leading or working in government affairs, public policy, campaigns, and/or community development in a government-related environment.
- A minimum of two (2) years working directly with municipal and/or provincial government, campaigns, or public policy in Eastern Canada.
- A multi-tasker comfortable working on multiple priorities at once while executing projects in a demanding environment.
- An analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to drive the company toward high-impact initiatives and efficient growth.
- Availability to travel depending on business needs.
- Previous professional experience in transportation and mobility would be beneficial.
The anticipated salary range for this position is CA$82,000.00 - CA$132,000.00 Equity and benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, depending on the position offered. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's skills, experience and other qualifications as well as the candidate's location of residence. In addition to base salary, some roles may be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of company performance, employee performance, and management discretion.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.