Statutory Financial Accountant EMEA
Warsaw, Poland /
Finance – Accounting /
Full-time - Salary
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
Based out of Poland, the Accountant will be responsible for all aspects of accounting as well as driving data integrity and compliance. Reporting to our EEME Controller, you will be given the opportunity to support the development and growth of Lime across EMEA.
As we are growing extremely fast, we’re looking for a self-starter who is autonomous, hard-working and structured with excellent attention to detail. Flexibility is a key trait, you are comfortable with the unknown and ready to roll up your sleeves to see ideas, projects and new initiatives through to the end.
What You'll Do:
- Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements for EMEA entities. Conversion from US Gaap ledgers to local Gaap
- Work together with local financial service providers to ensure a smooth and timely financial monthly and yearly close process
- Review of journal entries, bank and balance sheet account reconciliations and variance analyses to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial data
- Assist with the preparation of various EMEA entity filing requirements and annual financial and management reporting
- Collaborate with a diverse team of individuals from across the organization on projects to drive overall enhancements of the Finance department
- Assist in the research of data, entries, payments issued and audit routines, including supporting statutory and tax audits
- Performs other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and / or professional accounting qualification ACA / ACCA
- 3+ years p.q. experience with progressing scope and responsibilities
- Knowledge of US GAAP and ability to apply these practically. IFRS and any local GAAP is a plus.
- Some experience in an EMEA finance context, scale-up or multinational environment is highly preferred
- Proficient with Excel and experience with Netsuite, Workiva, Coupa and other cloud-based ERP solutions is a plus
- Bold yet humble. Navigates and communicates effortlessly in a cross-functional and multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with a desire for continuous growth and improvement
- Ability to operate at Limespeed: high-tempo, high-energy and high-passion and flexible to collaborate with our US and International offices across multiple time zones
- Relentlessly result-driven without taking shortcuts: integrity above everything
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.
Please note there are many scams taking place currently where individuals are impersonating organizations. We want to emphasize that any communications related to hiring at Lime are filtered through our Recruiting team. If at any time you receive an email from an individual representing Lime their email will end with the @li.me handle. If otherwise, we recommend blocking and deleting the message.