Senior Security Engineer
Engineering – Software Engineering /
Lime is the world's largest shared electric vehicle company. We are on a mission to build a future of transportation that is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company in 2021, Lime has powered more than 250 million electric bike and scooter rides in more than 200 cities across five continents, saving an estimated 60+ million car trips. Learn more at li.me!
As Lime's first dedicated Security Engineer, you'll be responsible for developing and executing a plan to secure Lime's systems and keep malicious actors at bay.
Remote Friendly. You can work close to where you love to live and still be a key part of Lime (US & Canada only)
What you'll do:
- Help Lime improve security posture for IPO-readiness in the next 20 months
- Design and build security infrastructure used by all Lime engineering teams
- Improve security-related standards and processes
- Improve Lime’s infrastructure following modern security practices, including leveraging PKI, zero-trust access control model, cloud-first security architecture, password-less authentication, etc.
- A degree in CS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years industry experience
- Strong understanding of application and infrastructure security (pentest, bug bounty, incident response)
- Strong understanding of security compliance standards and frameworks (PCI, ISO, SOX, etc)
- Able to write good code (in python, golang, bash, etc)
- Familiar with organization IPO-readiness
- Familiar with IoT security
What we offer:
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people
- Competitive salary and benefits
In accordance with Colorado State Law, if the candidate selected for this job resides in Colorado, the anticipated minimum salary will be $112,000, plus bonus and equity (when eligible), as well as benefits. Exact salary will ultimately depend on the candidate’s qualifications. In addition to base salary, this role will be eligible for a variable bonus based on a combination of management discretion and employee performance.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets—not just to do great work, but to become a better company and grow as individuals.