Logistics and Warehouse Associate Lead
Houston, TX /
Logistics – Logistics /
Lime is a smart-mobility provider that offers cities an array of products including Lime-E (e-assist bicycles) and Lime-S (electric scooters). Lime aims to revolutionize mobility in cities and campuses by empowering residents to take charge of their commutes with cleaner, more efficient, and affordable transportation options that improve urban sustainability.
We are looking for a Logistics and Warehouse Associate Lead to successfully move materials, supplies and finished goods through the facility which includes unloading product from semis into warehouse and loading from warehouse into delivery trucks.
What You'll Do
- Moves materials and supplies through the facility. May require the use of material handling equipment such as carts conveyer belts forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas. Cleans and disposes of scrap bracing cardboard and strapping. Places items in proper containers or designated areas.
- Uses tools such as hammers or crowbars to remove strapping open crates and strap cars.
- Uses computer to retrieve product codes part numbers product quantities location information etc.
- In absence of supervisor or lead performs supervisory duties such as overseeing work of lower level employees reconciling inventory
- Must be able to pick orders and palletize product according to packing specifications
- Able to strap and secure product within pallets and trucks
- Processes load sheets in WMS system. Verifies that drivers have proper paperwork and ensures that trucks are properly loaded with correct orders
- Properly documents all shipments and work performed.
- Conduct intermediate material audits cycle counts
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Take ownership of assigned task and complete in a timely manner
- Demonstrate ability to interact well with others and follow instructions
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to sudden changes in operational goals
- Ability to read and write, comprehend basic checklists, forms or other documents
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to handle objects, or reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, kneel, crouch
- Must be able to lift and move items up to 50 lbs. unassisted while using safe lifting techniques
- May need to use light power tool
- Other duties as assigned which may include general maintenance work around the facility.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your peers conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Years of Related Experience: 2+ years of related experience
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Intermediate communication skills (both written and verbal); Intermediate computer PC skills; Basic math and reading skills; Strong attention to detail; Must be able to work and stand for up to 8 hours per day
- The incumbent must meet the Federal Department of Transportation eligibility requirements including appropriate driver's license
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in your hometown with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- A position that offers a variety of career and resume building experiences with one of the fastest growing startups
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a contract position with a third party employer.