Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager
Chicago, IL /
Finance – Finance /
Lime is founded on the simple idea that all communities deserve access to smart, affordable mobility.
We aim to reduce dependence on personal automobiles for short distance transportation and leave future generations with a cleaner, healthier planet. Using our mobile app, consumers can locate, unlock and ride one of thousands of nearby smart scooters, bikes or transit vehicles. When they're done, they can simply park the vehicle, lock it, and walk away. Traffic, rerouting, and late arrivals are a thing of the past.
Lime was born in early 2017, when co-founders Brad Bao and Toby Sun identified a gap in the way people travel short distances. Since then, no company has grown as fast as we have. We’ve deployed thousands of bikes and scooters in 110+ cities worldwide, with 3-4 new markets launching every week. We also control more than half of the US and EMEA scooter markets in terms of daily trips. Since our initial product launch in June of 2017, over 100 million trips have been taken with Lime bikes and scooters, and our riders take 3 million more every week.
We’re also deeply committed to accessibility and equity. Over half of Lime’s riders come from households earning less than $75,000 a year, and we offer an aggressive discount subscription program for riders who are using public assistance.
Even given our spectacular growth, we don’t just see ourselves as a transit company. The insights that we can offer cities - about travel patterns, local economies, and consumer behavior - will be the foundation on which they build in the decades to come.
Short-distance transit is an enormous market opportunity on the order of $400B, but that’s not where we’re planning to stop. Our platform represents a chance for cities to reinvent the way they think about urban development, the way their local businesses attract customers, and the way their residents work and live.
Lime has 500 full-time employees distributed around the globe. We’ve managed that growth well to date, and we’re investing in building a culture of personal and professional development that keeps employees happy and focused on improving the way transit works for everyone. Many of our team members have deep experience within companies that have made a tremendous impact on hardware/software consumer products (Apple), big data (Google), and transit (Uber and Lyft).
Our small but mighty finance team is responsible for managing hundreds of millions of dollars of resources across 25 countries on 5 continents.
What You'll Do
- Analysis and documentation of technical accounting issues, including new accounting pronouncements, significant transactions
- Leading technical assessment of accounting for new products, operational changes, or other strategic initiatives
- Equity accounting, including stock based compensation and other financing transactions
- Preparation of financial statements, including supporting disclosures, and coordination of audits
- Establishing and maintaining effective internal controls over financial reporting
- Primary accounting user for key financial tools, including current and legacy systems
- Supporting the global accounting close
- Providing guidance and reviewing work of other accountants as needed
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by the Assistant Controller, CFO and VP of FP&A
- Broad expertise in US GAAP and ability to apply those concepts practically; IFRS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with complex technical accounting issues, preferably including business combinations, revenue recognition, multi-currency accounting environments, equity and other financial instruments
- 5 – 10 years of experience, both in a senior level role with a national public accounting firm and in private industry is strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Excel is required; experience with NetSuite, Coupa and other cloud-based solutions is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsCan easily switch between hands-on operations and strategic thinking
We here at Lime strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.