Art Director For Mobile Games (Philippines)
Art – Art /
Art Director for Mobile Games
Deep expertise. Personal and Industry evolution. Impeccable craft. These are Limit Break’s founding principles.
Welcome to Limit Break, where gaming and innovation meet to create a world like no other. As global pioneers in the Mobile gaming industry, we go beyond traditional boundaries to redefine digital markets and build vibrant communities that transcend virtual boundaries.
Our vision extends far beyond gaming as we leverage cutting-edge technology, cryptocurrency, and our unparalleled creative vision to craft unforgettable experiences that unite people from every corner of the globe. From players to traders, we're elevating gaming economies to new heights.
At Limit Break, we take pride in our illustrious track record of over a decade of excellence. Our visionary founders have continually pushed the envelope, transforming the mobile gaming industry with their bold innovations and calculated risks. Join our trailblazers' team; together, we'll maintain our position as the unrivaled global leaders in mobile gaming.
Backed by esteemed investors such as Buckley Ventures & Paradigm Ventures, we're not just a company but a dynamic force of change and are eager to welcome brilliant minds to help us shape the future of gaming and beyond. Be a part of Limit Break's extraordinary journey, where your creativity and passion will know no limits.
About the Role:
Limit Break is looking for a Studio Art Director for our upcoming titles. This position requires strong art skills, production, communication and ideally some technical skills. The Studio Art Director will work with the Art team leadership to help manage the assets being developed by external and the internal art teams. The ideal candidate has in-depth experience creating 3D game art and is technically inclined with excellent feedback and organizational skills. This role will work closely with the Creative Director, Executive Producer and Design Director to ensure all art meets the proper specifications and is then properly imported into the game. This role requires a background in 2D & 3D art and tech art roles.
Responsibilities. What you'll do:
● Ability to clearly communicate artistic vision to team and project stakeholders and see the vision through to execution in the game
● Oversee and manage the art team, providing guidance, feedback, and direction to every artist individually.
● Conduct regular art meetings, reviews, and critiques to ensure that the artwork aligns with the established style and quality standards.
● Oversee Art Pipelines, tools and processes for internal and external art production
● Ensure all company and studio wide art production is coordinated and optimized
● Work with Leadership to generate and provide feedback to external vendors
● Excellent communication skills—you can articulate our asset creation process and provide critical feedback to team and external vendors
● Oversee the art department by hiring, training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff
● Establish art department standards for production, productivity, quality, and client service
● Ensure team adheres to current processes, identifies opportunities for improvement, and proposes and creates processes and tools to support design operations
Requirements. Who you are and what you’ve done
● 8+ years of art leadership for major mobile, console or PC releases5+years in a management role
● Experience creating style guidance and setting visual principles
● Highly skilled in leading a team of creatives
● Strong creative vision with attention to business objectives
● Experience with all-most modern Tools: Maya, ZBrush,3D Modeling, Animation, Effects, 2D Art Tools and the Unity game engine
● Ability to import, setup and test all art in the Unity engine.
● Setup tools, pipelines and processes to check and validate all external content.
● Experience importing, creating and modifying art, shaders and other art in the Unity Game engine.
● High quality bar working on polished Mobile Games
● Ability to give quick clear written or verbal feedback to external art and technical teams.
● Excellent communication and writing skills
● Solid understanding of Art creation process and pipeline in relation to game development
● Solid organizational skills with a solid understanding of asset budgets and asset management
● Strong understanding of all aspects of technical art, animation, rigs, VFX, lighting and other areas involved in art production.
● Understanding of Zbrush, Substance and asset creation for use in Unity Engine
● Previous Character or Environmental Art creation experience
● Strong understanding of Anime/ Manga style art
● Maintain a keen eye on the game's art quality, ensuring consistency and visual excellence.
● Be involved in testing and providing feedback on art-related aspects of the game
Nice to have.
● You are excited to utilize new technologies and design novel games for a new market of players
● Ability to work in multiple art styles
● Experience in developing Anime with an Asian flair in a video game production is a huge plus
If you are confident, driven and are looking for an exciting role, this job could be a great opportunity for you. This is an international blockchain gaming company that operates regionally, and is opening offices in multiple locations around the globe. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.