United States /
Shipboard – Hotel /
WHO WE ARE
Lindblad Expeditions is the pioneer in the Expedition Travel space, from taking the first citizen explorers to Antarctica in 1966, to opening the Galapagos and Easter Island to tourism in 1967, to leading the first tourist expedition through the Northwest Passage in 1984, to launching our innovative partnership with National Geographic in 2004. Now taking nearly 25,000 guests per year to some of the world’s most remote and pristine locations on our fleet of 16 ships, we do whatever it takes to ensure our guests experience the “Exhilaration of Discovery”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Steward is responsible for cleaning the guest cabins, and providing dining room service for all guest meals. In addition, the Steward will rotate into the galley and wash dishes and assist in food preparation.
- Cleans assigned guest cabins and bathrooms.
- Sets up and clears tables for guest meals as assigned.
- Takes meal orders and serves meals.
- Adheres to all CDC Vessel Sanitation Program & Health Canada requirements.
- Scrapes and washes dishes pots and pans; loads dishwasher.
- Cleans all counter tops, working surfaces, sinks and dishwasher.
- Assist in food preparation.
- Participates in on board safety training, meetings and drills, as directed by the Captain.
- Complies with all CDC and Health Canada Vessel Sanitation requirements..
- Familiar with the ISM codes and requirements.
- Maintains familiarity with all duties under the company Safety Management System and Emergency
- Station Billet Duties.
- May relieve bartender.
- Serves as a member of the emergency team.
Galley Cleaning & Food Preparation
Safety & Security
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with food service strongly preferred. (Comfortable with knives and food preparation).
- Experience with housekeeping, hotel industry, preferred.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good customer service skills; professional demeanor, ability to use necessary levels of tact and courtesy.
- Detail oriented and thorough; able to follow through on assigned tasks.
- Ability to work independently using initiative and creativity to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to get along well with co-workers and support a team environment.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification required.
- US Passport required.
- Alcohol Server Training (OLCC) required.
- STCW Basic Safety Training preferred.
- STCW Crowd Management preferred.
- Physical exam
$127 - $132 a day
Target salary range listed is based on experience/vessel and reflects the total daily compensation.
Breakdown of the total compensation range: $77 - $82 base daily rate + $50 guaranteed tip
$500 bonus offered for completed 4-month agreement plus trip benefit
Health insurance including Medical, Dental, Vision
7 Paid Holidays
Room and board when scheduled
Travel Day Pay
Travel Expenses Paid
Travel benefits for employees and their family
Emergency Coverage Pay
Using the English language, this person must have the ability to read, write, and comprehend policies, legal guidelines, correspondence, and memos. Must also possess the ability to effectively communicate--both in writing and orally--with a professional demeanor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee will also be required to write and type. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The physical demands per position are described in the Job Analysis sheet and are available to all applicants upon request.
Lindblad Expeditions determines the pay for positions using local, national, and industry-specific survey data. We evaluate external equity and the cost of labor/prevailing wage index in the relative marketplace for jobs directly comparable to jobs within our company. Our posted salary range is based on national data and may be refined for a candidate's region/town/cost of living.
For new hires, we strive to make competitive offers allowing the new employee room for future growth. Salaries will be based on the applicant’s location, level of experience, education, and specialized knowledge and skills. An employee/candidate with a stronger skill set will receive higher pay.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT
At Lindblad Expeditions, we simply could not do our work without the diverse kaleidoscope of humanity that creates and delivers our remarkable offerings across the planet. As a Company that respects and celebrates the inherent diversity in the places we explore, we recognize the need to mirror that same diversity and all the interconnected perspectives within our organization. We are committed to building a community of different genders, races, ages, sexual orientations, chosen identities, and countries of origin where every person brings their whole self to work and whose skills, talents, and abilities are valued. We believe we can explore further and in a more meaningful way by actively creating a more diverse and inclusive organization where everyone feels they belong.
Lindblad Expeditions is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at Lindblad Expeditions are considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, or veteran status.