Senior Product Designer
San Francisco /
What We Do
We are building a company to make the transformational power of data science available to everyone. Our mission is to unify the data science ecosystem using open source, serving as the bridge between the science and art of data. By incorporating the latest research from systems, databases, programming languages, and human-computer interactions, we are reimagining the data science experience to help everyone be great at data.
Modern data scientists love LineaPy, our open source tool that simplifies the most repetitive and mundane data engineering tasks. It’s our first step towards empowering teams to deliver actionable insights faster.
Who We Are
Linea is a fast-growing company of explorers, engineers, and scientists. We are mission-driven and focused on providing an exceptional user experience. Our team works closely with customers from the world’s most recognizable brands to shape and refine our product.
Linea founders are CS PhDs from the lab at UC Berkeley that created Apache Spark. Our team has worked on many popular machine learning frameworks such as Spark MLlib, Tensorflow Extended (TFX), and ONNX – and built proprietary ML infrastructure that powers billions of dollars in revenue. We make bold technical bets. We're not afraid to incorporate cutting-edge research to achieve unparalleled UX and product performance. Our competitive edge is our unique technical expertise and insight and relentless focus on serving our customers. We are headquartered in the Bay Area with a distributed workforce working remotely around the globe.
We're looking for our first full time product designer to join us on our mission and own our end-to-end design process. We are well-funded by top-tier VC firms and are scaling up our team to take on an ambitious product roadmap.
What you will accomplish
- Work directly with customers and users to gain insights that inform the entire team and gather product feedback and requirements. Collaborate with the engineering and product team to translate customer needs into great product design.
- Work cross-functionally with Linea’s founding team, product, engineering, and go-to-market to identify and prioritize customer needs.
- Create storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to communicate your ideas to the team and solicit feedback from cross-disciplinary partners and iterate accordingly.
- Develop Linea’s design system that communicates the value and function of Linea to users and stakeholders, and maintain and evolve assets and guidelines for the team.
What you need to be successful
- Proven experience in designing enterprise tools.
- A comfort with embracing complexity and making it intuitive.
- Passion for UX/UI design with proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, visioning, concepting, wireframing, prototyping, visual and interaction design, and usability testing.
- Deep empathy for data practitioners and their problems; Ability to lead and synthesize qualitative research and work side-by-side with data scientists and data engineers to learn about their needs and develop product requirements to solve their problems in innovative and valuable ways.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Experience collaborating with engineers to build and ship products; ability to converse with engineers to refine product specs.
- Ability to design and iterate quickly and efficiently in a dynamic setting.
- Comfort tackling ambiguous problem spaces and ability to bring clarity through problem definition, scoping, and prioritization for design.
- 5+ years experience in a Product Designer or similar role.
Nice to haves
- Previous experience with designing developer tools in data science or MLOps, or familiarity with data and AI/ML workflows.
- Experience in fast-paced environments with quick delivery and iteration cycles
- Interest in the data space and cutting edge AI/ML technologies
- Ability to prototype compelling interactions in your preferred method
At Linea, we value ethical practices, a high quality work environment, and diversity in backgrounds and perspectives. We are personal-growth oriented and strive for a positive and inclusive culture.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.