Chief of Staff (Remote US Timezones)
At Linear, we are creating software for teams who want to build high quality products. Quality of software is driven by both the talent of its creators and how they feel while they’re crafting it. Teams that have the time and energy to be focused on the work itself can build magical, high quality software. Our tools and practices need to do their best to nurture this, not take it away. To bring back the right focus, these are the foundational ideas Linear is built on - The Linear Method.
Our founders Tuomas, Karri, and Jori started this journey in 2019 and have designed, delivered and scaled software at some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world — Uber, Airbnb, and Coinbase. We are a remote-first company with a team of 9 based in the USA and EU and we're looking to hire great people who are based in US/EU or equivalent timezones. We raised Series A funding in December 2020 lead by Sequoia Capital and have investment support and advisement from industry leaders including Dick Costolo (Managing Partner, 01 Advisors|Former CEO, Twitter) Dylan Field (CEO, Figma), and Patrick Collison (CEO, Stripe).
We're searching for a Chief of Staff to partner with our Founders and drive operational excellence within the company. In this role you will take much of the day to day business operations off the founders plate and operate with a great deal of autonomy to execute initiatives that scale the organization. We've built a great product with a very lean team of great people, and we're looking for a driven self-starter who wants to help us build corporate operations from the ground up.
What you'll do
- Manage day to day tactical business operations including financials (payroll, expenses, and reporting), benefits, compliance, vendors, etc.
- Keep track and drive strategic cross-functional projects across the organization.
- Create efficient business processes and drive internal initiatives across the organization to enable growth and scale.
- Manage meeting cadence for Founders, ensure leadership team is prepared with necessary information
- Partner with Founders in developing presentation materials for board meetings and company all-hands.
- Manage internal communications and collaborate with stakeholders on external communications strategies.
- 2+ years full-time work experience in a fast paced environment, preferably in the technology sector, or management consulting equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience working with an executive or founding team.
- Data driven decision making.
- Have the ability to drive initiatives with little structure or guidance.
- Familiarity with modern productivity tools and apps (Front, Notion, Gsuite).