Fort Worth TX /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing (General) /
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. You are solutions oriented, a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and striving for excellence are in your character.
We are searching for a Quality Inspector to join our team @ Linear Labs Inc. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Mechanical Engineering, this position will work onsite at our corporate facility in Fort Worth, TX. We are seeking an experienced and talented professional who can thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up.
Local candidates only please.
What You'll Do
- Inspect subassemblies, and assemblies in the receiving, assembly, test, machining, and shipping areas. Perform the more complex machined part and casting first article inspection to verify conformance to blueprints, engineering specifications and customer requirements.
- Perform final dimensional or mechanical inspection of parts, components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for conformance to blueprints, engineering specifications and Customer requirements.
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, vernier calipers, comparators, and gauging equipment.
- Assist with devising dimensional gauging set-ups, perform part layout inspection and assist in establishing part inspection procedures.
- Report possible nonconforming material.
- Process and complete required quality documentation.
- Perform complex first article inspection on components, sub-assemblies, and assemblies to ISO requirements.
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- Discuss with or refer major or critical inspection problems or decisions to lead person or supervisor for disposition.
- Cross train on the inspection of different products.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- 5+ years’ inspection experience in electromechanical products
- 3+ years’ experience with ISO 9000 first article inspection
- Prefer experience within one of the following industries: electric motors, robotics, drones, IoT, automation, HVAC, or conveyor systems
- Familiar with and able to read and interpret drawings and engineering specifications
- Possess understanding of geometrical tolerancing and dimensional measurements
- Possess knowledge of AQL sampling selection per internal procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment with competing priorities
- Able to change direction and adapt to change easily
- Lifelong learner with an entrepreneurial mentality and spirit
- Strong work ethic is essential
- A visionary who is passionate about building and growing a company
- Experience with Google tools and G Suite
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO benefits
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws