Director of Electrical Engineering
Fort Worth TX /
Engineering – Join Our Engineering Team /
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. You are solutions oriented, a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and striving for excellence are in your character.
We are searching for a Director of Electrical Engineering to join our amazing team in Fort Worth TX. The Director will lead and provide direction to a team of engineers responsible for the design and product development of electrical motors. In collaboration with others, participate in defining and executing the overall engineering product development strategy, budget, team development and evaluation. The candidate will provide team, technical, and project leadership using a hands-on approach.
This is not a 9-5 job. Must be dedicated, passionate, and able to run fast, work smart in a dynamic and rapidly growing start up environment.
- Lead, develop and manage the product engineering team in life cycle planning, problem management, systems integration planning, and programming for marketed product.
- Actively participate in design and development efforts of product into the production environment.
- Plan and lead product engineering projects, including requirements capture by working with engineering team members, external development resources and product marketing.
- Work closely with Engineers to define design, review designs, and facilitate integration and testing activities.
- Develop standards for production and design by working with product management and input sourced from customer requirements.
- Create systems and plans with production leadership to ensure all products meet quality control standards.
- Work with engineers and cross functional partners to identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Analyze existing product requirements and specifications. Generate additional requirements and specifications, as needed.
- Complete project functions within agreed upon time frames and budgets to ensure operations are efficiently maintained and downtime is minimized.
- Participate in annual department planning and strategizing.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years Engineering work experience leading a team of electrical engineers within an electric motors production environment.
- Knowledge and experience working with design and build of electric motors.
- Must be hands on, as an individual contributor, and a technical leader in the engineering and development of all electrical /electronic elements.
- Proven project management experience on medium-to-large scale projects.
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Experience with solid modeling (SolidWorks), Electrical FEA software (ANSYS, MotorCAD) and other tools such as Altium and MS Project.
- Knowledge of the ways various systems interact and how changes in operations, the environment and other conditions will affect outcomes.
- Experience in an ISO9001 production environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong MS Office skills in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability as a collaborative, innovative and strategic thinker who is decisive and results oriented.
- Candidate must have permission to work in US
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO benefits
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.