Sales Application Engineer
Fort Worth TX /
Engineering – Join Our Engineering Team /
At Linear Labs Inc, our values define us: BUILD = Bold, United, Innovators, Leading, Diversity!
We are searching for a Sales Application Engineer to join our team. This blended role will work closely with strategic sales, engineering, and product development teams providing technical sales support and solutions to our valuable customer encompassing demonstration, functionality, and performance of our highly technical electric motors product. The Sales Applications Engineer is responsible for maintaining strong relationships with OEM manufactures and internal teams.
What You'll Do
- Understand OEM requirements and guide projects to meet customer needs
- Understand Linear Labs capabilities and provide support as needed to supplement OEM capabilities
- Negotiate any product changes or improvements with customers for better profits or productivity for quality improvements or unexpected issue resolution
- Manage pipeline, project status and timeline for customers
- Day-to-day communication with customers and internal teams, including technical communication with Linear R&D team
- Resolve differences between customer and Linear product and Engineering
- Troubleshoot issues / resolve concerns with customer
- Generate technical reporting materials
- Market & Customer information research
- Regular communication with management and Executive Team, including presentations
- Member of Deal Desk, collaborating internally to negotiate and execute OEM and Service Agreements
- Travel to customer site for a variety of reasons including, presentations, demonstrations, training, troubleshooting – up to 70% travel
- Other tasks and duties as required and assigned by management
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years with applicable hands-on motor/inverter design or application responsibilities
- Experience in electromechanical products (Motors, Pumps, Automotive Components) highly preferred
- Understand motor/inverter applications/Testing Method and Procedure/limitations
- Comprehend mechanical fitments and drawing interpretations
- Possess strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with development of projects
- Fully competent in analysis and assessment of mechanical and electronic systems. Effectively leading in team settings
- Good written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations
- Strong negotiating skills, ability to say no and keep customer, sales and Engineering focused
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office, Google Suite & CAD
- Ability to travel, approximately 70%
- Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
- A self-starter who can manage priorities and make trade-offs when needs change
- Incredibly organized, with superb attention to detail and quality, and a strong ability to execute
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork in the occasionally inharmonious start-up environment
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Competitive salary; Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO benefits
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. You are solutions oriented, a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and striving for excellence are in your character.
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Come BUILD with us!