Fort Worth TX /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing (General) /
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. We are looking for someone who is solutions oriented and a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and a striving for excellence are essential characteristics.
We are searching for a Machinist (position includes assembly work) to join our team @ Linear Labs Inc in Fort Worth, TX. Reporting to the Lead Technician, Electro-Mechanical, the Machinist will perform assembly of product and setup, calibration, maintenance, and operations on a variety of machining equipment to assembly components for small electrical motors.
The machine and tooling equipment utilized includes manual lathe, mill/lathe, small CNC mill, drill press, horizontal band saw, sanders, grinders, and miscellaneous hand tools. Future machinery will include Haas lathe and mill machining centers.
What You'll Do
- Light assembly work including use of standard hand tools following production assembly procedures.
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine
- dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors.
- Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data (prove out machine programing)
- Confer with engineers, designers, production, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Work with cross functional partners to implement production and tooling methodologies.
- Translate instructions into computer command.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment, according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in professional manner.
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
What You'll Bring
- Associate degree (A. A.) from two-year college or technical school
- 5+ years of hands on work experience in an industrial manufacturing/production environment
- Experience with electric motors or electromagnetics highly desirable
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and fundamentals and apply to practical situations
- Strong mechanical ability
- Ability to operate both manual and CNC machinery and tooling and precision measurement tools
- Able to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Strong computer skills with programming and CAD/CAM experience
- Ability to analyze information and concepts
- Experience in an ISO9001 production environment
- Experience with SolidWorks and proficient with MS Office
- Must possess a strong work ethic and entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to adapt and change directions with ease in a startup, dynamic and fast paced environment
- Proficient with MS Office; Google Suite a plus
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO benefits
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.