Senior Manager / Manager, FP&A and Strategic Finance
Fort Worth TX /
Finance & Accounting – FP&A and Strategic Finance /
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. You are solutions oriented, a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and striving for excellence are in your character
Linear Labs is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX and has raised capital from the best investors in the industry, including Lower Carbon Capital – a leading investor in clean energy.
Ideally located either in the Fort Worth, TX area or the South Bay Area of Northern California. Required to work with the CFO remotely and in person, with the ability to travel to / work in either location. This role will eventually be required to be based in our Fort Worth headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Lead the Company’s financial planning process, including the annual and quarterly multi-year financial planning cycles. Supporting the CFO, maintain and update both the operating plan and the forward-looking business model forecast the entire quote to cash cycle
- Constantly drive for improved visibility into the Company’s performance via insightful management reporting and analysis. Optimize both the quantity and the quality of financial reporting on an ongoing basis, always looking for opportunities for tool enhancement and automation
- Lead topical ad-hoc analyses and deep dives into novel issues to improve the collective understanding of risks and opportunities related to these issues. Support the CFO’s presentations to the Board and the leadership team
- Lead the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly results and KPI reporting packages, as well as quarterly forecast reporting packages
- Provide financial planning and analysis support to key corporate functions such as Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Engineering
- Prepare unit economic analysis and manufacturing templates for analysis by peers in other groups
- Attract and develop talent, and act as a coach for team members, providing constructive feedback to help employees improve their skills set and advance their careers
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related area, MBA a plus.
- 5-8 years of experience in a related role; technology and / or manufacturing experience a plus
- FPA experience in a startup with high growth, deep systems integration, strong data analysis and data intelligence abilities and natural curiosity is required
- Corporate strategy, consulting, investment-banking experience at a top firm a plus but not a requirement
- Experience managing team members and building cross-functional partnerships
- Confident in your ability to analyze and model Unit Economics by product line
- Commanding Excel skills, strong PowerPoint and Word skills
- Experience with SQL helpful but not required
- You are a lifelong learner personality, have a high EQ, and the ability to explain complex topics to any audience
- Financial acumen: Thinking through financial decisions wearing both a private and public investor hat, think and act like an owner, balance risk with tradeoffs
- Strategic thinking: Experience using internal and external data to draw conclusions and make data-driven recommendations
- Must be able to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment and roll up your sleeves
- Must love getting 'hands dirty', have a strong work ethic, but also see the big picture
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and influencing skills, written and oral
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.