Embedded Software Engineer
Fort Worth TX /
Engineering – Join Our Engineering Team /
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. You are solutions oriented, a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and striving for excellence are in your character.
We are searching for an Embedded Software Engineer to join our team @ Linear Labs Inc. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this position will work onsite at our corporate facility in Fort Worth, TX. We are seeking an experienced and talented professional who can thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up. Local candidates only please.
What You'll Do
- Design and implement software applications for an embedded system.
- Applications will include motor controls, vehicle control, user interface, data collection, data exchange, IoT interface and other.
- Work closely with other teams on product development, systems, and applications.
- Practical, hands on experience is necessary to get involved from cradle to grave on projects.
- Time will be spent between lab and office to support development and test of the system.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master of Science in CS/CSE/EE
- 8+ years of C/C++/Go development experience in a Linux environment
- 3+ years’ experience developing in C/C++ on Linux
- Concurrent programming (multi-threaded, multi-processor)
- Unit testing and integration
- Serial Communications
- Wi-Fi configuration
- Network programming
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Motor controls experience a plus
- Power supply experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment with competing priorities
- Able to change direction and adapt to change easily
- Lifelong learner with an entrepreneurial mentality and spirit
- Strong work ethic is essential
- A visionary who is passionate about building and growing a company
- Experience with Google tools and G Suite
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision, insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO benefits
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.