Fort Worth TX /
Engineering – Join Our Engineering Team /
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. You are solutions oriented, a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and striving for excellence are in your character.
We are searching for a Project Engineer to join our team @ Linear Labs Inc. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, this position will work onsite at our corporate facility in Fort Worth, TX. We are seeking an experienced and talented professional who can thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up.
The successful Project Engineer will have a background with SolidWorks to support the review of designs and development and tracking of BOMs; use of MS project or Excel for project planning and tracking to build and maintain project schedules; experience with product development to understand the project content and cadence and familiarity with a staged gate review process is desired.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for establishing a project end-to-end across Linear Labs and our client. This includes all tools, processes, system, communications, meeting cadence, operating committees and any other aspect required to successfully execute a project.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of integrated project plans encompassing all cross-functional activities (Human Factors, Software development, Hardware dependencies, Business Development, Regulatory, etc.).
- Monitor and track the project and project deliverables. Organize, plan and direct project schedules, milestones, risks, assumptions, decisions and budgets.
- Track relevant metrics and drive action items based on results.
- Co-create and support Project Management process improvement initiatives.
- Develops Gantt charts, program plans, and staffing plans which ensure the delivery team has the capability and capacity to execute solutions.
- Develops relationships with internal support and customers.
- Drives project performance targets.
- Experience with matrixed managed resources and management of sub-contracted and temporary resources throughout the team.
- Other responsibilities /duties as assigned.
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Business Management, or related industry.
- Area of Study/Degree: Mechanical, Electrical or other relevant Engineering degree is desired
- 5-10 years of experience; 3+ years in program management
- Specific experience within one of the following industries: electric motors, robotics, drones, IoT, automation, HVAC, or conveyor systems highly preferred
- Experience in a start-up organization preferred
- Advance proficiency in MS Project & Excel
- Experience with Google tools and G Suite
- Excellent communication skills
- Lifelong learner with an entrepreneurial mentality and spirit
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, dynamic startup environment with competing priorities
- Able to change direction and adapt to change easily
- Strong work ethic is essential
- A visionary who is passionate about growing and building a company
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Flexible PTO benefits
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.