Fort Worth TX /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing (General) /
Linear Labs is launching the most important technological development in electric motors since its advent 100 years ago. With 45% of the world’s electricity passing through an electric motor, Linear Labs is ushering in the next generation of motor electrification that is globally transformative. We are looking for the right people with the expertise, agility, and zeal to make it happen. You are solutions oriented, a problem solver both autonomously and in a team environment. Quality, reliability, integrity, and striving for excellence are in your character.
We are searching for an Industrial Engineer to join our team @ Linear Labs Inc! This position is required to work onsite at our facility in Fort Worth, TX. We are seeking a sophisticated and talented professional who can thrive in the dynamic environment of a start-up.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing, the Industrial Engineer will find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in the production processes. In addition, design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy, and materials to make products. Coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards. Ensure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
What You'll Do
- Support in-house manufacturing operations in their efforts to maintain existing tools, fixtures, gauges. Includes process documentation, standardize work methods, and create work instructions.
- Generate 3D CAD models of piece parts, mold components and other necessary tooling.
- Operate and maintain 3D printers for rapid tooling development.
- Generate and maintain NC programs utilizing CAM software such as ProNC and MasterCAM.
- Utilizes lean concepts to drive process improvements, data analysis and regular project management.
- Interface with product engineering to identify, evaluate, recommend, and implement process improvement opportunities.
- Update and modify new and existing product designs for improved manufacturability.
- Update and maintain facility layouts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant field of study
- 5+ years Engineering work experience in a manufacturing/production environment
- Specific experience within one of the following industries: electric motors, robotics, drones, IoT, automation, or conveyor systems preferred
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials, and other methods for maximizing the efficient manufacture of a product.
- Advanced knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the ways various systems interact and how changes in operations, the environment and other conditions will affect outcomes
- Experience in an ISO9001 production environment
- Experience with SolidWorks and proficient with Google Suite and MS Office
- Demonstrated ability as a collaborative, innovative and strategic thinker who is decisive and results-oriented
- Ability to read and interpret technical documentation, specifications, and drawings
- Must possess basic knowledge of tooling design methods and machine tool programming
- A self-starter who can manage priorities and make trade-offs when needs change
- Incredibly organized, with superb attention to detail and a strong ability to execute
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff and clientele
- A visionary who is passionate about growing and building a company
- Committed to collaboration and teamwork
- Legally authorized to work in the US
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Growth potential with an enterprising and energetic team
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Linear Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.