Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote)
Engineering – General
Our team of software developers builds one of the most innovative learn-by-doing platforms in the industry. Innovation drives the team’s success. You will be expected to innovate and improve features in a uniquely progressive environment. Your skills will be enhanced as you explore and develop on the latest and greatest technologies emerging, and you will be provided opportunities to write platforms that scale.
The primary focus of the Ruby on Rails Developer will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Your focus will be integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is essential to your success.
If you feel comfortable wearing many hats, and working in challenging, fast-paced and results driven environment, then we encourage you to consider a career at Linux Academy, a leader in on-line learning.
How you will contribute to our success
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and innovation
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with other team members, as well as other departments, on goals, best practices, and implementation of standards and features
- Lead or participate in other assigned projects.
What we need you to bring to the table
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using Ruby on Rails
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Solid understanding of: Ruby principles and core concepts; Supporting production environments and best practices: Implementing architectural changes with an existing production environment; Object-oriented programming
- Experience with: Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq; Building API's, including authentication, cleanliness, and role-based access permissions
- Proficient understanding of: The syntax of Ruby and its nuances; MVC frameworks; Code
- Proficiency in Angular 6 required
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
What would help you stand out from the crowd?
- Degree in Computer Science or related area from an accredited college or university
- Familiarity with concepts of Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Development aiding tools such as Bundler, Rake, etc
- Continuous integration
- Fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Ability to: Integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system; Create database schemas that represent and support business processes; Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Competencies for success
- Corporate Citizenship: A sense of personal responsibility; Taking pride in what you build; Positively contribute to the organization’s culture through alignment to values
- Teamwork & Collaborative Relationships: Effective teamwork and cooperation in completing projects and features; Acknowledge the diversity of perspectives and ideas; Strong listening skills to ensure understanding
- Curiosity and Intellectual Stimulation: A passion for learning; Passion for taking new technologies and building ways for them to be used in a training learn-by-doing environment
- Agility and Time Management: Respond quickly to changing priorities, demands, procedures and technology; Exhibit excellent organizational and time management skills to meet customer needs
- Results Oriented: Excel in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
Linux Academy is a global company committed to pushing the boundaries of online education. We believe in providing learn-by-doing training to develop thousands of professions at companies like Amazon, Google, Apple and other industry leading companies. We are dedicated to building the best experiences to improving our customers success. Please visit our website: www.linuxacademy.com