Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
New York, NY
Technology Innovation – Research & Development
Linux Academy is the number one online learn-by-doing cloud training platform for learning cloud computing. Our organization builds one the most innovative learn-by-doing platforms in the industry. We are seeking highly talented technically minded individuals to join our expanding team. You will be a key contributor in helping us continue to be a leader in on-line learning.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer is a key role and reports to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will define, establish and implement best practices and procedures across multiple teams. In an advising role, the Senior Site Reliability Engineer will work closely with development teams in the engineering department, as well as with security engineers, application security engineers, and general devops engineers and will split time onsite and remote.
How you will be contributing to our success
- You are highly motivated seasoned engineering manager with experience building a site reliability process and team from the ground up. Additionally, you will take on regular development tasks as necessary to ensure overall site reliability.
- This role will monitor and enforce standards of operations and development to ensure maximum reliability, scalability, availability, and disaster recovery. You will create SLIs for all services and assist in making changes to ensure we meet all our SLOs.
- This role is integral in working across multiple cross functional environments throughout the development process for new products, to ensure overall product architecture remains reliable. You will provide additional value by mentoring developers on best practices and your overall expertise.
- Lead or participate in other assigned projects
What we need you to bring to the table
- 7 or more years DevOps experience
- 2 or more years experience developing docker containers
- High level of skills in web development, and multiple frameworks
- Proficient in writing scripts that simulate user activity at massive scale
- Proficient in Python and Lambda (serverless)
- Proficient in Ruby, Typescript, PHP, and other heavily used web technologies
What would help you stand out from the crowd
- Degree in Computer Science or related degrees from an accredited college or university, Masters’ degree preferred
- Start-up experience or on-line learning industry experience is a plus
- Portfolio of past successes, especially with Docker, Ruby on Rails, Angular2+ and Caravel
- Experience managing Cloud resources in AWS, Google Cloud and Azure
- Linux, Security, AWS, Google, or Azure certifications
- A passion for learning new technologies and identifying upcoming trends within technologies
Competencies for success
- Citizenship: A sense of personal responsibility; Taking pride in what you build; Positively contribute to the organization’s culture through alignment to values
- Teamwork & Collaborative Relationships: Effective teamwork and cooperation in completing projects and features; Acknowledge the diversity of perspectives and ideas; Strong listening skills to ensure understanding
- Curiosity and Intellectual Stimulation: A passion for learning; Passion for taking new technologies and building ways for them to be used in a training learn-by-doing environment
- Agility and Time Management: Respond quickly to changing priorities, demands, procedures and technology; Exhibit excellent organizational and time management skills to meet customer needs
- Results Oriented: Excel in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
What we offer
- Excellent compensation package
- Four weeks of Paid Time Off
- Mental Health coverage
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employees; discounted to spouse/family
- Flexible schedule
- 401k with a strong (4%) company match
- Continuing education opportunities for personal growth
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
Linux Academy is a global company committed to pushing the boundaries of online education. We believe in providing learn-by-doing training to develop thousands of professions at companies like Amazon, Google, Apple and other industry leading companies. We are dedicated to building the best experiences to improving our customers success.
If you feel comfortable working in challenging, fast-paced and results driven environment, then we encourage you to consider a career at Linux Academy, a leader in on-line learning. Please visit our website: www.linuxacademy.com