Senior Account Executive – Training & Certification
To help further the LF goal of promoting, protecting and advancing Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) technologies, the LF is looking for an experienced sales executive who will be responsible for pipeline development and revenue generation from our portfolio of training courses and certification exams from a ‘territory’ which covers designated industries. All LF employees work virtually, typically from their home office.
• Developing opportunities within your territory both in tandem with the marketing team and via individual outreach
• Quota achievement within your assigned territory while maintaining the territory pipeline in the LF’s CRM (Salesforce)
• Upsell and expand footprint within current accounts
• Accurate forecasting of expected bookings monthly
• Maintaining required sales activities levels to achieve goals.
• Practice Solution Selling techniques and employ a consultative sales approach
• Develop prospect list/plan to target sales efforts
• Conduct selling efforts primarily through electronic means (calls, emails, webmeetings) to customers and prospects
• Coordinate closes with broader Linux Foundation team to achieve Foundation mission
• Understand competitive landscape and adapt messaging and sales approach accordingly
• Collaborate with marketing on collateral and messaging/positioning
• Occasional travel (less than 10%) to industry events or client facilities to help build relationships and ensure client value
Proven Track Record Required:
• Consistent & proven over-achievement of quotas assigned.
• Experience of effective CRM and sales campaign automation to achieve results
• Sustained territory performance in technology sales.
• Building relationships internally and externally to ensure win/win customer relationships.
• Managing and growing pipeline within specified territory.
• Consistent success in environments where minimal marketing support is required to achieve success.
• Team player
To succeed in this position, you will need to have:
• 10+ years successful strategic selling experience
• Exceptional e-mail and phone-based communication skills
• Superb writing and listening capabilities
• Ability to understand and communicate technology solutions
• Experience selling to complex organizations
• High work ethic
• Unquestionable integrity
• Excellent time management and organization skills
• Experience in operating autonomously
• Profound passion for the evolution of global technology
• Comfort in both working from home and traveling globally
Based on the caliber of applicant that the LF seeks to attract, benefits of the position
• Market-competitive compensation (base and commission)
• Extreme work empowerment and flexibility (including working from home and generous holiday/vacation expectations)
• World-class benefits (including healthcare and retirement savings)