While this role is posted as San Francisco it could be located anywhere in the US, Canada, or UK, with slight preference to San Francisco, New York, or London.
Linux Foundation Overview
The Linux Foundation is creating the greatest shared technology investment in history by enabling open source collaboration across companies, developers, and users. We are the organization of choice to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption.
The Hyperledger project is looking for a driven Community Architect who can foster a successful collaborative software development ecosystem for Hyperledger. They will be immersed in the technical contributor community, streamlining the process of getting new developers up to speed, collaborating, and contributing. They will also assist technical conversations across projects, driving a holistic overarching architecture that makes sense to developers and the broader user community, and drive successful adoption of open source development practices across Hyperledger. Travel will vary by location, but a recurring presence in NYC, SF, Asia and Europe should be expected.
- Monitor all technical conversations and interactions across Hyperledger projects, guiding them in positive directions as necessary
- Develop introductory and overview content for developers and non-developers
- Research new collaboration and communication tools, and support as necessary
- Help the Hyperledger staff understand the technical landscape
- Participate in community workgroups - phone calls, email, sometimes F2F
- Travel to speak at conferences, or assist in the production of Hyperledger events or our presence at third-party events
- Deep familiarity with Open Source software development practices and business models
- Substantial familiarity with the technical and business landscape around blockchain technology
- Substantial history of technical contributions to existing Open Source projects
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adopt new programming languages and tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous engagement in the finance industry desired.
The Linux Foundation is a largely all-remote workforce that hires top-notch talent. We are as passionate of providing a flexible and supportive work culture as we are in Open Source Software. Collaboration is in our DNA, and we pride ourselves on being able to work closely together while not being tied to an office. We offer exceptional benefits - e.g., Fantastic health care, Unlimited PTO, 100% 401k match up to $18k, profit-sharing and exceptional healthcare plans.
The Linux Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.