Floater Teacher/Kitchen Helper - FBC Celina
Celina, Texas /
Academy Teachers & Support /
Lionheart is a non-profit Christian organization committed to excellence in early childhood education. We are passionate about equipping kids to be world changers, and supporting working parents who need quality, affordable care and education for their children. Our staff selection is based not only on qualifications, but also on a passion for teaching and an abiding love for children.
A Teacher has the primary responsibility for planning, organizing, and carrying out the selected developmental and spiritual programs for their classroom of children. The Teacher reports directly to the Academy Director. This position in Full time, Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm and requires help in the kitchen from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators
- Professional Knowledge: Demonstrates an understanding of the curriculum and the developmental needs of the children by providing relevant learning experiences. Maintaining a thorough knowledge and close adherence to the Minimum Standards for Child Care Centers, NAC accreditation standards, and the operating policies of Lionheart Children’s Academy.
- Instructional Planning: Plans, supervises, and implements the programs for the class in accordance with the Academy Director and curriculum coordinator.
- Instructional Delivery: The teacher effectively engages students in learning by using a variety of instructional strategies in order to meet individual learning needs.
- Learning Environment: The teacher uses resources, routines, and procedures to provide a respectful, positive, safe, student-centered environment that is conducive to learning.
- Professionalism: The teacher maintains a commitment to professional ethics, communicates effectively, and takes responsibility for and participates in professional growth that results in enhanced student learning.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Spiritual Maturity – Commitment to biblical living. An ambassador of Jesus Christ, living a whole life that glorifies God as we pursue our mission of making Him know.
- Think Child and Parent First – An unwavering commitment to service excellence leading to customer loyalty and advocacy (Parent Partnership). Driven to deliver a holistic approach to early care and education to ensure that each child has a strong and healthy foundation for learning and for life.
- Adaptability – Recognize and respond to anticipated events and requirements. Willing to do what is necessary to get the desired results. Willing to work flexible hours is preferred.
- Collaboration and Teamwork – Create and support a positive, warm, and encouraging environment in which members participate, respect, and cooperate with each other to achieve desired results. Support in other duties as assigned.
- Initiative– Actively seeking opportunities to make a contribution rather than passively accepting situations. Take action to achieve goals; originates action.
Background, Experience and Education
- At least 18 years of age and high school diploma or GED certificate required
- Early education BA, AA or CDA highly preferred
- Previous experience in a state licensed facility OR 24 hours of documented pre-service training required.
- Experience working in children’s ministry is a plus
- Must meet all teacher qualifications as stated in the Minimum Standards for child care centers in Texas which includes maintaining First-Aide and CPR certification during employment
Thank you for your interest in joining the Lionheart Children’s Academy team. We look forward to learning more about you.
"But Jesus called the children to him and said, ‘Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the Kingdom of God belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14 (NIV)
Talent Acquisition Team
The Lionheart Children’s Academy